Digital TV News: CBS Interactive
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
AT&T Launches Entertainment Website With Online TV Content and Movies
Sep 10, 2009 – AT&T has announced the launch of AT&T Entertainment, a Web site that lets you watch thousands of streaming TV shows and movies on your PC. The content is provided by content providers including ABC, NBC, CBS and dozens more.
News categories: AT&T, OTT, USA
Microsoft Releases Silverlight 2, Already Reaching One in Four Consumers Worldwide
Oct 13, 2008 – Microsoft(Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the availability of Silverlight 2, one of the industry's most comprehensive and powerful solutions for the creation and delivery of applications and media experiences through a Web browser.
News categories: Silverlight, Soyatec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Software
Intel® and Yahoo!® to Bring the Internet to Television
Aug 20, 2008 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) and Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) have previewed plans for the Widget Channel, a television (TV) application framework optimized for TV and related consumer electronics (CE) devices that use the Intel Architecture.
News categories: Intel Corp, Yahoo!, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
The Launch of Hulu Signals a New Phase in the Broadband Video Market; but Risks Exist for Large TV Networks in an Online World
Nov 5, 2007 – Recent news concerning NBC and News Corporation's Hulu joint-venture includes the launch of its recent site in beta mode, signaling that the broadband video market has entered into a new phase.
News categories: ABI Research, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product