Digital TV News: CLIMAX
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEOTION shows smart home solution with Climax sensors at MWC17
Feb 27, 2017 – NEOTION and CLIMAX are co-exhibiing at Mobile World Congress 2017. The range of Climax connected sensors, as part of NEOTION's Neohome catalog, allow any operator to enter the smart home market.
News categories: NEOTION, CLIMAX, Olivier DEMOLY, YK Chen, MWC22, Smart Home, Worldwide
NEOTION launches smart home solution for operators at MWC17
Feb 27, 2017 – NEOTION has announced the commercial launch of its Neohome smart home solution combining a home automation gateway and a wide range of plug and play devices, aimed at fixed and mobile operators.
News categories: NEOTION, Olivier DEMOLY, Gateway, MWC22, Smart Home, Worldwide
The Venture Reality Fund and LucidWeb release European VR company survey
Feb 7, 2017 – The Venture Reality Fund (The VR Fund) has released its first-ever European virtual reality (VR) landscape, featuring dozens of companies developing infrastructure, tools/platforms and/or apps for the booming ecosystem.
News categories: The Venture Reality Fund, LucidWeb, Tipatat Chennavasin, Leen Segers, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Metaverse, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
NEOTION selects Climax Technology for its Neohome catalog of smart home devices
Sep 7, 2016 – NEOTION has selected Climax Technology to become a partner for its Neohome wireless accessories. The NEOTION and Climax partnership combines Climax' expertise in telecoms and RF technologies with NEOTION home automation to provide a seamless smart home solution.
News categories: NEOTION, Climax Technology, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Monica Lin, IBC2022, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verizon introduces FiOS Quantum TV service
Apr 1, 2014 – Verizon has announced the introduction of FiOS Quantum TV, which includes the ability to record up to 12 shows at once; pause and rewind live TV on any TV in the home; and store up to 200 hours of HD programs.
News categories: Verizon, Bob Mudge, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Airtel launches SD set-top box with external storage
Oct 27, 2013 – Airtel Digital TV has launched a new standard definition (SD) set-top-box. The new box will allow customers to enjoy recording by just plugging-in an external storage device, allowing users to pause any TV show, even live programmes, for a quick TV break.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Hong Kong's i-CABLE adds 30k pay TV subscribers in 1H09
Aug 11, 2009 – i-CABLE Communications (Hong Kong:1097) has released its Interim Results Announcement for the six months ended June 30, 2009. Pay TV subscribers increased by 30,000 or 3% in the period to 947,000.
News categories: i-CABLE Communications, Cable TV, Hong Kong, Results, Subscribers
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023