Digital TV News: COMSTAR
COMSTAR-UTS To Test Cable TV In Olympic Games Capital
Mar 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS has announced that they plan to develop cable TV and broadband Internet access services in the city of Sochi. Commercial launch of cable TV is preliminarily scheduled for Q2 2009.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia
Comstar-UTS Selects New NDS Master UI™ to Enrich IPTV in Russia
Mar 16, 2009 – NDS has announced that COMSTAR-United TeleSystems (LSE: CMST) is the first customer to deploy NDS Master UI™, a user interface that transforms the way content and features are presented on screen and enhances the way users interact with them.
News categories: NDS Group, Comstar-UTS, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
COMSTAR-UTS Launches IPTV For Mass Market
Feb 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that Moscow City Telephone Network (MGTS), a member of COMSTAR-UTS, has launched interactive digital Internet TV services (IPTV). MGTS provides IPTV services as an agent of COMSTAR.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Moscow City Telephone Network, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Comstar-United Telesystems OJSC Financial Results For The Third Quarter
Nov 28, 2008 – COMSTAR-United TeleSystems (LSE: CMST) has announced its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2008. The consolidation of STREAM-TV's regional operations will boost Comstar's pay-TV subscriber base to more than 2 million users.
News categories: Comstar, STREAM-TV, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
COMSTAR Launches HDTV
Sep 29, 2008 – Comstar-UTS (LSE:CMST) has fully launched its 'STREAM' branded High-Definition Television (HDTV) services in Moscow in the modernized parts of the MGTS network.
News categories: COMSTAR, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
COMSTAR-United TeleSystems OJSC Second Quarter 2008 Financial Results
Sep 4, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2008. The number of Comstar-Direct double-play (Internet & pay-TV) subscribers grew by 44% year-on-year to 146 thousand.
News categories: COMSTAR, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Comstar-UTS starts provisioning of internet TV service in Rostov-on-Don
Aug 1, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that CJSC Digital Telephone Networks - South (DTN) has started commercial provisioning of digital interactive internet-TV services (IP-TV) in Rostov-on-Don from the 1st of August, 2008.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, DTN, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Set Top Box
COMSTAR-United TeleSystems OJSC First Quarter 2008 Financial Results
Jun 5, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that its Moscow residential broadband subscriber base now includes 134 thousand triple-play (voice + broadband + TV) subscribers, and that its regional pay-TV subscriber base has increased to 107 thousand.
News categories: COMSTAR, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Comstar Broadband Internet Subscriber Base in Russia up 14% In The First Quarter
Apr 28, 2008 – The total number of COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) pay-TV subscribers in Russia increased by 8% to 241,000 subscribers by the end of the quarter, including 130,000 in Moscow, an increase from 122,000 at the end of 2007.
News categories: Comstar, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow