Digital TV News: CONtv
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
VIZIO selects Cinedigm as app development partner for Smartcast TVs
Feb 4, 2020 – VIZIO has selected Matchpoint Blueprint from Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) as a preferred development platform for video streaming apps on its SmartCast TVs, opening the door for content partners to quickly bring new applications and programming to the VIZIO platform.
News categories: Cinedigm, VIZIO, Tony Huidor, Katherine Pond, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Axinom CMS selected to power Cinedigm OTT
May 10, 2017 – Axinom is helping power OTT video streaming services for Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM). With Axinom CMS, Cinedigm is able to automate and simplify their content management workflows enabling them to easily manage multiple OTT channels.
News categories: Axinom, Cinedigm, Ralph Wagner, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding