Digital TV News: CYFRA+
CANAL+ Cyfrowy adds 170,000 subscribers in 2009
Mar 3, 2010 – In 2009 CANAL+ Cyfrowy achieved very impressive operational results, with EBITDA of PLN 244 m and revenues of PLN 1,279 m. CYFRA+ also expanded its customer base to 1.55 m (from 1.38 in 2008).
News categories: CANAL+ Cyfrowy, CYFRA+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Cyfra+ introduces HD satellite PVR from Pace
Dec 28, 2009 – Cyfra+ of Poland has introduced a new HD satellite PVR from Pace (LSE: PIC). The set-top box is equipped with a 500GB hard disk, twice the capacity of the current Philips set-top box.
News categories: CYFRA+, Pace plc, Digital TV, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
CYFRA+ adds DTT reception to Philips set-tops
Apr 30, 2009 – Poland's CYFRA+ has released new software to enable the digital terrestrial TV (DTT) tuner in its Philips HD set-top boxes. As a result, subscribers will be able to receive DTT free of charge and without the need to purchase separate equipment.
News categories: CYFRA+, DVR, Middleware, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
CANAL+ Cyfrowy: 2008 Financial Results
Feb 16, 2009 – CANAL+ Cyfrowy, operator of Poland's CYFRA+ digital satellite platform, finished 2008 with 1,380,000 subscribers.
News categories: Canal+ Cyfrowy, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekomunikacja Polska digital satellite television now available
Oct 28, 2008 – Telekomunikacja Polska (Warsaw: TPS) has launched its satellite TV service 'neostrada tp with television' (neostrada tp z telewizją). For the same price as its neostrada tp broadband, customers additionally receive more than 30 TV channels.
News categories: Telekomunikacja Polska, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Poland, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
Experience the best in digital TV with Pace @ IBC
Sep 12, 2008 – At IBC, Pace (LSE:PIC) will be demonstrating how it is bringing the worlds of broadcast and broadband closer together as we move towards convergence in home entertainment technologies.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadband, IBC, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telekomunikacja Polska signed a cooperation agreement with CANAL+
Dec 15, 2007 – Telekomunikacja Polska (TP) has signed an agreement with CANAL+ Cyfrowy, operator of CYFRA+, that will allow TP to provide customers with TV programs via satellite, based on the CANAL+ technical infrastructure.
News categories: Telekomunikacja Polska, CANAL+ Cyfrowy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying