Digital TV News: CYTA
Global Listings to provide EPG metadata to Cyta In Cyprus
Feb 4, 2021 – Global Listings has announced that it has won the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) contract to deliver metadata, images and translations for 100+ channels of the Cytavision subscription TV service in Cyprus.
News categories: Global Listings, Cyta, Thalia Droussioti, Petros Charalambous, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Irdeto DRM enables expansion of Cyta OTT offering
Oct 1, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide Cyta with its Irdeto Control DRM solution. With multi-DRM support and content usage management, Irdeto Control protects content delivered via PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay.
News categories: Irdeto, Cyta, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Cyta selects Verimatrix for its IPTV service
Jul 27, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta) is to secure its IPTV services with the capabilities offered by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) framework.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cyta, Asaf Ashkenazi, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Watermarking
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Vodafone Greece acquires Cyta Telecommunications Hellas S.A.
Jul 11, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that Vodafone Greece has completed the acquisition of CYTA Hellas for a total enterprise value of €118 million. CYTA Hellas is a provider of fixed and mobile telecommunication services in Greece.
News categories: Vodafone, CYTA Hellas, Greece, IPTV, MandA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
CYTA selects Pirelli Broadband Solutions for IPTV Set Top Boxes
Sep 12, 2008 – Pirelli Broadband has announced that it has been selected by the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (CYTA) to supply its IP100 HDTV IPTV Set Top Box for CYTA's IPTV service.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, CYTA, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
NDS Declared Global IPTV DRM Leader by Two Independent Analyst Firms
Sep 9, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been ranked by both ABI Research and Current Analysis as the leading content security and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology vendor worldwide.
News categories: NDS Group, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022