Digital TV News: Cable & Wireless
CWC launches pay TV in Cayman Islands
Apr 22, 2013 – LIME, the Caribbean division of Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC), has introduced pay TV to the Cayman Islands with the launch of its 'LIME TV' service. LIME TV is delivered over a broadband connection via a set top box, or connected device, in the customer's home.
News categories: CWC, LIME TV, Cayman Islands, Digital TV, IPTV
Entone FusionTV fuels world's first premium internet TV service
Dec 4, 2012 – Entone has announced that Cable & Wireless Communication's (CWC) Caribbean division, LIME, has selected its FusionTV® solution to power the world's first premium Pay TV service delivered over the Internet.
News categories: Entone, CWC, LIME TV, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
CWC launches pay TV in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
Oct 30, 2012 – Cable & Wireless Communications has become the first telecoms operator to launch its own pay TV service in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, providing customers with 'bundle options' and new local programming.
News categories: Cable & Wireless, Channel Islands, Digital TV, IPTV
CWC launches LIME TV in Barbados
Apr 23, 2012 – LIME, the Caribbean division of Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC), has launched a pay TV service in Barbados, its first IPTV product in the Caribbean. 'LIME TV' subscribers nationwide can watch up to 130 channels and video on demand content.
News categories: CWC, Barbados, Digital TV, IPTV
LIME Chooses Avail-TVN for Caribbean Multiplatform Video Services
Oct 3, 2011 – Avail-TVN has been chosen by Cable & Wireless Communications (LSE: CWC) to provide the AnyView™ multiplatform video service for its Caribbean subsidiary, LIME. The service will launch commercially in Jamaica and Barbados in Q4.
News categories: Avail-TVN, LIME, Cable & Wireless, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica
Cable & Wireless Panamá launches digital TV with Motorola
Nov 26, 2009 – The Home & Networks Mobility business unit of Motorola has announced that it has been selected by Cable & Wireless, a leading telecommunications companies worldwide, as a technology provider for its new Digital TV service in Panama, '+TV Digital'.
News categories: Motorola, Cable & Wireless, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama
Cable & Wireless Partners with Move Networks to Offer IPTV Services Globally
Sep 10, 2009 – CWI, Cable & Wireless' international telecoms business, has announced that it has signed a partnership with Move Networks paving the way for a roll-out of IP-based TV services across CWI's global operations.
News categories: Move Networks, CWI, Afghanistan, Algeria, Caribbean, Channel Islands, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Macau, Middleware, Monaco, Oceania, Panama, Seychelles
Freewire, the Largest IPTV Service in UK, Now Protected by SecureMedia
Sep 8, 2008 – SecureMedia and Inuk Networks have announced that Freewire, the popular IPTV service in operation at over 40 university campuses across the UK, is now protected by SecureMedia Encryptonite One™ System.
News categories: SecureMedia, Inuk Networks, Freewire, Content Protection, IBC, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Ekioh UI Engine integral part of latest Freewire IPTV STB service
Sep 3, 2008 – Ekioh has announced that the Inuk Networks Freewire IPTV service, running on STBs using the Ekioh UI Engine, has been rolled out in several UK locations. The Ekioh UI Engine utilises the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) open standard from the W3C.
News categories: Ekioh, Inuk Networks, Freewire, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil