Digital TV News: Cablecom
Switzerland's upc cablecom abolishes basic encryption
Oct 16, 2012 – upc cablecom has announced that by 1 January 2013 the 55 most popular TV channels (including HD) will be available in all households unencrypted. The cost of the basic digital offer (currently CHF 4 per month) will no longer apply.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland
Cablecom Mexico Selects Irdeto to Secure New Digital 3.0 Service
Oct 3, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Cablecom has selected the Irdeto Conditional Access System (CAS) for its Digital 3.0 pay TV offering. The HD service includes the possibility of connecting to multiple devices as well as pay-per-view and other premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico
Pace Picks Up Speed in Indian Cable Market
Aug 31, 2012 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its software, conditional access and set-top box solution has been selected by Indian cable operators, Delhi Distribution Company (DDC), Faction Digital, and New Delhi and Kozhikode Cablecommunicators (KCL).
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Nov 2, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the third quarter. Over the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011, Liberty Global added 234,000 and 739,000 digital cable subscribers, driven by strong demand for HD and DVR services.
News categories: Liberty Global, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, DVR, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
Cablecom Mexico to move to DVB-C with Irdeto
May 3, 2011 – According to NexTV Latam, Cablecom will deploy Irdeto conditional access (CA) and middleware as it rolls out DVB-C in Mexico, adding another operator to the growing list of contracts that Irdeto has in Latin America.
News categories: Irdeto, Cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Middleware
Cablecom broadcasts the first 3D television in Switzerland
Apr 12, 2010 – In the framework of a pilot project, cablecom is the first cable network operator to broadcast a programme in 3D in Switzerland. The final of the US Masters golf tournament in Augusta was broadcast in 3D.
News categories: cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, VR
Cablecom and Swiss Television launch TV on demand
Oct 15, 2009 – In cooperation with Swiss Television, cablecom has launched TV on demand. cablecom customers in the greater Zurich area can now catch up on all programmes produced by Swiss Television at any time for up to a week after their initial broadcast.
News categories: cablecom, Swiss Television, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Switzerland - Cablecom offers high definition recorder
Nov 5, 2008 – Cablecom is launching its HD mediabox recorder for high definition TV (HDTV). The HD mediabox recorder has an integrated hard disk and can record two programmes simultaneously. The HDTV recording package is available for 25 CHF per month.
News categories: cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product