Digital TV News: Cablevision Systems
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Cablevision video customers down 10,000 in 4Q 2015
Feb 25, 2016 – Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2015. Video customer results showed marked improvement in 2015 with 45,000 fewer losses than the prior year period.
News categories: Cablevision Systems, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Liberty Global taps ActiveVideo CloudTV to complement cloud UI strategy
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo and Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA) have announced that ActiveVideo's CloudTV™ software platform has been enlisted by Liberty Global to expand the user experiences offered by Horizon TV, Liberty Global's media and entertainment platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Global, Aamir Hussain, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Glashart Media selects ActiveVideo CloudTV H5 platform
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo has announced that Glashart Media, a Dutch IPTV service provider, has executed a system-wide upgrade of its interactive services to the ActiveVideo CloudTV™ H5 software platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Glashart Media, Niels Jonkman, Ronald Brockmann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands
ActiveVideo Networks Licenses CloudTV Platform To Comcast
Jun 12, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced that Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has licensed its CloudTV H5™ platform. Comcast is using this platform in an enhanced video-on-demand (VOD) user experience trial in Chattanooga, TN.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ActiveVideo Brings Advanced VOD Navigation to Any STB
May 22, 2012 – ActiveVideo Networks has announced the general availability of its CloudTV H5™ platform that can bring any navigation interface or application written in HTML5 to any digital set-top box or connected CE device.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Cable Industry Brands Interactivity with ExpandTV
Oct 17, 2011 – Canoe Ventures has announced on behalf of the cable industry the availability of the ExpandTV™ implementation guidelines, a major milestone in the development of the interactive television (ITV) marketplace.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere Gaining Rapid Adoption in the Media Industry
Sep 8, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced that Adobe® Pass has gained substantial traction since it launched in March 2011. Adobe Pass makes it easy for TV programmers and media companies to validate that customers are entitled to view online content.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Content Protection, IBCShowcase, OTT
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand