Digital TV News: Cabot Communications
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Freeview Australia selects MHEG-5 as its middleware
Jul 20, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview Australia has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive TV middleware for the suite of free-to-air DTT channels that operate under the brand.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cabot Becomes First Middleware Vendor to Complete SmarDTV CI+ Testing
May 19, 2009 – Cabot Communications has announced that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its CI Plus (CI+) software solution and the SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) CI+ reference module, becoming the first middleware vendor known to do so.
News categories: Cabot, SmarDTV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cabot middleware to support Freesat
May 13, 2009 – Cabot is extending its middleware suite to support Freesat, the first British free-to-air satellite service which provides around 200 television and radio channels, including High Definition (HD) broadcasts.
News categories: Cabot, Freesat, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
DivX Inc. and Cabot Communications Announce Technology Agreement
Jan 8, 2009 – DivX (NASDAQ: DIVX) has announced an agreement with Cabot Communications that will enable Cabot technology partners to include DivX® support on a variety of silicon platforms powering home consumer products including HDTVs, DVRs and STBs.
News categories: Cabot Communications, DivX, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Miniweb to Demonstrate Broadcast and Broadband Interactive Services Platform at IBC
Sep 3, 2008 – Miniweb will demonstrate its platform at IBC 2008. Miniweb allows broadcasters, network operators, content owners and advertisers to easily and cost effectively deliver new services that monetise viewer see, search and spend actions.
News categories: Miniweb, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box
Cabot Communications announce single chip IDTV software
Apr 23, 2008 – Cabot Communications has announced that it has developed a single software stack IDTV solution that seamlessly supports both analogue and digital TV broadcasts.
News categories: Cabot Communications, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers