Digital TV News: CatchPlay
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Streaming
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
Telkom and Huawei soft launch TV-based video communication service in Indonesia
Apr 24, 2017 – Telkom and Huawei have soft launched Indonesia's first TV-based video communications service, IndiHome Video Call. The service integrates video communication capabilities in a set-top box for use with a webcam.
News categories: Huawei, Telkom, Sun Xiwei, Suparwiyanto, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box
CATCHPLAY On Demand launches in Taiwan
Mar 23, 2016 – CATCHPLAY has announced the launch of its CATCHPLAY On Demand service in Taiwan. It also announced partnerships with StarHub Singapore and Telkom Indonesia which will have associate services launching in the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: CATCHPLAY, Telkom Indonesia, StarHub, Timothy Chen, Daphne Yang, Joddy Hernady, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming, Taiwan
Far EasTone collaborates with CatchPlay to launch 'FET Video Store'
May 5, 2011 – With FET Video Store even the latest hit movie can be downloaded within 20 seconds on any supporting equipment, whether it is a tablet PC, smartphone, iPad, iPhone or a home computer hooked up to a high-definition player.
News categories: Far EasTone, CatchPlay, Mobile, Streaming, Tablet, Taiwan
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers