Digital TV News: Chips&Media
RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
Mar 25, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced that RDA Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard codec core into its new family of SoC designs, which is available on the market.
News categories: Chips&Media, RDA Microelectronics, Steve Kim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
Chips&Media and Realtek expand UltraHD HEVC SoC collaboration
Jun 5, 2014 – Chips&Media has announced that its reference design partnership with Realtek has resulted in several new design wins for HEVC built-in STB/OTT models from various China and international brands.
News categories: Chips&Media, Realtek, Gilligan Choe, Yee-Wei Huang, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media licenses AVS+ IP to over 10 customers
May 12, 2014 – Chips&Media has announced its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, have been licensed to over 10 customers.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Chips&Media announces HEVC video decoder IP
Apr 25, 2013 – Chips&Media has introduced the industry's first hardware HEVC decoder IP core supporting up to Ultra HD resolution. Chips&Media's WAVE410 HEVC decoder targets a range of evices that are capable of 4K video playback from smartphones to UHDTV/UHD set-top boxes.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Chips&Media to Exhibit its latest Video IP at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Chips&Media has announced that it will showcase its latest video technology at CES 2012. Chips&Media will introduce the newest member in its CODA9™ Series, which is specially designed for the internet connected devices.
News categories: Chips&Media, CES2021, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Ceramate Introduces World's Smallest DVB-T STB Module
Feb 12, 2009 – Ceramate Technical has announced the availability of the CT500 module, the world's smallest Set Top Box module. The CT500 module is a full featured DVB-T receiver and MPEG2 video decoder: antenna IN, video OUT, and is as small as 20x38 mm.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Ceramate, C&M Microelectronics, Digital TV, DVD, MWC20, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Terrestrial
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024