Digital TV News: Com Hem
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Com Hem and TMPL cooperate on smart home services
Aug 23, 2017 – Com Hem and TMPL have signed a cooperative agreement to be able to jointly offer digital services that include smart homes, energy monitoring, service provision and social interaction to Com Hem’s customers.
News categories: Com Hem, TMPL, Stefan Trampus, Eric Anderbjörk, Digital TV, Smart Home, Sweden
Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
Apr 27, 2017 – Kinnevik has announced that it has agreed to acquire 33.9 million shares in Com Hem, corresponding to an approximate 18.5% interest, from NorCell for a cash consideration of SEK 110 per share, or SEK 3.7 billion in total.
News categories: Kinnevik, Com Hem, Joakim Andersson, Cable TV, MandA, Sweden
IPTV taking share in a mature Nordics pay TV market
Sep 14, 2016 – IPTV in the Nordics is continuously growing 8in terms of subscribers. In the second quarter of 2016, the top telecom operators added a net of nearly 210,000 IPTV subscriptions, compensating for subscription losses on all other platforms.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, IPTV, Market Research, Norway, Satellite, Sweden, Terrestrial
Com Hem develops virtual reality proof of concept
Jun 16, 2016 – Com Hem has developed Com Hem Play VR, a concept for testing the service in a virtual reality-based environment. The test is a proof of concept and a step in Com Hem’s efforts to constantly improve its customers’ television experience and explore new potential platforms.
News categories: Com Hem, Svalin Sahlman, Cable TV, Digital TV, Sweden, UX, VR
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Com Hem adds 4,000 digital TV subscribers in 4Q 2015
Feb 9, 2016 – Com Hem has announced results for the final quarter of 2015. The company had net additions in digital TV of 4,000 with its TiVo service attracting 10,000 new customers.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Sky to overtake Liberty Global in Western Europe
Sep 9, 2015 – Liberty Global has been the largest pay TV operator in Europe for some time. However, its top slot in Western Europe is under threat, with Sky Europe expected to overtake its subscriber count in 2017, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results