Digital TV News: Comstar
COMSTAR-UTS To Test Cable TV In Olympic Games Capital
Mar 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS has announced that they plan to develop cable TV and broadband Internet access services in the city of Sochi. Commercial launch of cable TV is preliminarily scheduled for Q2 2009.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia
Comstar-UTS Selects New NDS Master UI™ to Enrich IPTV in Russia
Mar 16, 2009 – NDS has announced that COMSTAR-United TeleSystems (LSE: CMST) is the first customer to deploy NDS Master UI™, a user interface that transforms the way content and features are presented on screen and enhances the way users interact with them.
News categories: NDS Group, Comstar-UTS, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
COMSTAR-UTS Launches IPTV For Mass Market
Feb 25, 2009 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that Moscow City Telephone Network (MGTS), a member of COMSTAR-UTS, has launched interactive digital Internet TV services (IPTV). MGTS provides IPTV services as an agent of COMSTAR.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, Moscow City Telephone Network, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Comstar-United Telesystems OJSC Financial Results For The Third Quarter
Nov 28, 2008 – COMSTAR-United TeleSystems (LSE: CMST) has announced its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2008. The consolidation of STREAM-TV's regional operations will boost Comstar's pay-TV subscriber base to more than 2 million users.
News categories: Comstar, STREAM-TV, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
COMSTAR Launches HDTV
Sep 29, 2008 – Comstar-UTS (LSE:CMST) has fully launched its 'STREAM' branded High-Definition Television (HDTV) services in Moscow in the modernized parts of the MGTS network.
News categories: COMSTAR, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
COMSTAR-United TeleSystems OJSC Second Quarter 2008 Financial Results
Sep 4, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2008. The number of Comstar-Direct double-play (Internet & pay-TV) subscribers grew by 44% year-on-year to 146 thousand.
News categories: COMSTAR, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Comstar-UTS starts provisioning of internet TV service in Rostov-on-Don
Aug 1, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that CJSC Digital Telephone Networks - South (DTN) has started commercial provisioning of digital interactive internet-TV services (IP-TV) in Rostov-on-Don from the 1st of August, 2008.
News categories: COMSTAR-UTS, DTN, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box, Streaming
COMSTAR-United TeleSystems OJSC First Quarter 2008 Financial Results
Jun 5, 2008 – COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) has announced that its Moscow residential broadband subscriber base now includes 134 thousand triple-play (voice + broadband + TV) subscribers, and that its regional pay-TV subscriber base has increased to 107 thousand.
News categories: COMSTAR, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Comstar Broadband Internet Subscriber Base in Russia up 14% In The First Quarter
Apr 28, 2008 – The total number of COMSTAR-UTS (LSE: CMST) pay-TV subscribers in Russia increased by 8% to 241,000 subscribers by the end of the quarter, including 130,000 in Moscow, an increase from 122,000 at the end of 2007.
News categories: Comstar, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver