Digital TV News: Conexant
NXP Semiconductors Announces Third Quarter 2008 Results
Oct 21, 2008 – NXP Semiconductors has announced third quarter sales in line with expectations of USD 1,336 million, a comparable decrease of 4.2% on the third quarter of 2007 and a comparable increase of 1.0% over the second quarter of 2008.
News categories: NXP, Results, Semiconductor
NXP Semiconductors Completes Acquisition of Conexant's Set-top Box Operations
Aug 11, 2008 – Following the announcement of April 29 this year, NXP Semiconductors has confirmed the completion of the acquisition of the Broadband Media Processing (BMP) business of Conexant Systems (NASDAQ:CNXT).
News categories: NXP, Conexant, Digital TV, IBC2022, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
NXP Semiconductors Announces Second Quarter 2008 Results
Jul 22, 2008 – NXP has announced second quarter sales of USD 1,524 million, a comparable decrease of 1.9% on the second quarter of 2007 and a comparable decrease of 0.6% over the first quarter of 2008, reflecting the continuing softness of the overall market.
News categories: NXP, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Conexant Introduces New Family of Broadcast Audio/Video Decoders for PCTV Applications
Jul 14, 2008 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ: CNXTD) has introduced a new family of broadcast audio/video (A/V) decoders targeted at PC-TV applications. The CX2310X decoders enable the capture of analog and digital broadcast streams on personal computers.
News categories: Conexant, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Facing Competition, Operators Take More Set-Top Box Risks
Jul 10, 2008 – Faced with stiff competition, cable operators are supporting a roadmap that may require the deployment of new STBs with more advanced features and functions, while also apparently aiming to drive the ubiquitous STB to extinction.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
CopperGate Communications Buys HomePlug AV Powerline Technology from Conexant Systems, Inc.
May 7, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced the purchase of the HomePlug AV business from Conexant (NASDAQ:CNXT) making it the first semiconductor company with home networking technologies supporting all three wire types - coax, phone and power lines.
News categories: CopperGate, Conexant, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Conexant Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter of Fiscal 2008
Apr 29, 2008 – Conexant (NASDAQ: CNXT) has announced financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2008 that exceeded the company's expectations entering the quarter.
News categories: Conexant, Broadband, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conexant and Latens Team to Increase Security and Lower Costs for Pay-TV Operators
Mar 12, 2008 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ: CNXT) and Latens have announced that they have joined forces to increase security and lower costs for satellite, cable, and digital terrestrial pay television broadcast network operators.
News categories: Latens, Conexant, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes