Digital TV News: CopperGate
Red Hot IPTV Set Top Market is Cooling
Jun 2, 2009 – The IP set top box market grew 55 percent in 2008, but such breakneck growth will not continue, reports In-Stat. Many telcos have already launched TV services, so there are fewer new prospects. The economic climate is also sapping investment.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Codetel Adopts CopperGate IPTV Technology
Mar 9, 2009 – CopperGate Communications has announced that Codetel of the Dominican Republic has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology for its Claro TV IPTV service.
News categories: CopperGate, Codetel, Dominican Republic, IPTV, Smart Home
Chinese High-Definition Interactive Digital TV Leader Taps CopperGate for Low-Cost, Easy-to-Install EoC MDU Deployment
Sep 29, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that B-STAR has selected HomePNA-based technology as its primary solution for its Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) interactive Digital TV (iDTV) test program in Shanghai.
News categories: CopperGate, B-STAR, Broadband, Cable TV, China, Semiconductor, Smart Home
HomePNA Leading Choice for TelcoTV in North America
Sep 3, 2008 – The HomePNA Alliance has announced that HomePNA was installed in more North American homes in the last quarter than any other coax home networking solution. In addition, TELUS (TSX:T,T.A; NYSE:TU) has chosen HomePNA 3.1 for its TELUS TV service.
News categories: HomePNA, TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
TELUS Selects CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 Home Networking Technology for IPTV Service
Sep 2, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that TELUS (TSX: T, T.A; NYSE: TU) has selected CopperGate's HomePNA 3.1 technology integrated into set-top boxes and residential gateways for its TELUS TV service offering.
News categories: CopperGate, TELUS, Canada, Gateway, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications to Exhibit HomePlug AV for First Time at the NXTcomm08 Show
May 22, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced that it will exhibit HomePlug AV and HomePNA technologies at the NXTcomm08 show being held June 16 through 19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
News categories: CopperGate, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications Buys HomePlug AV Powerline Technology from Conexant Systems, Inc.
May 7, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced the purchase of the HomePlug AV business from Conexant (NASDAQ:CNXT) making it the first semiconductor company with home networking technologies supporting all three wire types - coax, phone and power lines.
News categories: CopperGate, Conexant, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CopperGate Communications Achieves Five Million HomePNA Chipset Milestone
May 7, 2008 – CopperGate Communications has announced the shipment of 5 million HomePNA chipsets worldwide - making the company the leader in IPTV services over coax and phone wires.
News categories: CopperGate, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Control of IPTV Home Network Improves OpEx & Future Revenue Opportunities
Mar 3, 2008 – A new report from MRG, 'IPTV Home Networking Strategies, 2008,' explores the strategic importance of the Home Network for IPTV Operators.
News categories: MRG, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand