Digital TV News: Coship
Youku Tudou app for China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers
Apr 24, 2014 – Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU) has announced that it has inked strategic partnerships with most of China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers, 8 of which are an exclusive integration of the pre-installed Youku Tudou App.
News categories: Youku, Yao Jian, Apps, China, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Video gateways a bright spot in slumping STB market
Mar 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the global set-top box (STB) market—including IP/cable/satellite/DTT STBs and OTT media servers—totaled $18 billion in 2013, a decline of 10% from the previous year.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
COSHIP joins the Frog By Wyplay initiative
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen COSHIP Electronics has announced that it is joining the Frog By Wyplay initiative for their next generation TV software solution.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, COSHIP, Dominique Feral, Ruiliang Yang, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
India's KCCL deploys Cardless security from Conax on ALi chipset
Jan 7, 2014 – Conax has announced that Kerala Communicators Cable has entered a pilot project to deploy Conax Cardless security. KCCL is a consortium of over 3000 independent cable TV networks in Kerala, South India.
News categories: Conax, KCCL, ALi Corp, Nassir Hassan Anwar, Tom Jahr, Tony Chang, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ChinaCache signs contract with COSHIP to enhance its digital media user experience
Nov 7, 2013 – ChinaCache (Nasdaq:CCIH) has announced that it has signed a contract with COSHIP (SZSE:002052) to provide COSHIP with its Web Delivery, Web Acceleration and HD Live solutions to help enhance the internet multimedia experience of COSHIP's end users.
News categories: ChinaCache, COSHIP, Song Wang, China, Content Distribution, OTT, Set Top Box
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cable set-top boxes buck usual Q1 lull
Jul 1, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2013 (1Q13) Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers market share and forecast report. The global set-top box market totaled $4.4 billion in 1Q13, a decline of 5% from 4Q12.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New PVR features for Cablecom Mexico
Mar 11, 2013 – Cablecom Mexico continues to expand its digital TV service with the launch of new features on its Digital 3.0 platform, built on mirada's Iris product, and integrated with Coship set-top-boxes and Irdeto conditional access.
News categories: mirada, Cablecom, Coship, Irdeto, José Luis Vázquez, Marcelo Saccaggio, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 – According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs