Digital TV News: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG Releases Third Quarter U.S. Home Entertainment Results
Oct 19, 2009 – DEG has released third quarter U.S. sales figures for the home entertainment industry. Blu-ray Disc software sales continue to show dramatic growth with overall sales up 83 percent for the year and playback devices in 11.7 million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG: 52 million HDTV homes in US by 2008
Jul 18, 2007 – More than 30 million U.S. households have at least one HDTV, according to figures compiled by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group based on data from the Consumer Electronics Assn., retailers and manufacturers.
News categories: Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG Year-End 2006 Home Entertainment Sales Update
Jan 8, 2007 – The home theater is one of consumers' preferred choices for enjoying entertainment as demonstrated by growing demand for high definition products in 2006, according to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group in an announcement made at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
News categories: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic