Digital TV News: DIGITALB
ALBtelecom chooses Anevia to launch new OTT services
Jul 30, 2018 – Anevia has supported the launch of IPTV services for ALBtelecom. ALBtelecom is using Anevia’s TV and video delivery software to provide live and non-linear content in broadcast quality and to multiple screens.
News categories: Anevia, ALBtelecom, Damien Lucas, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Cubiware’s CubiGO brings multiscreen OTT to Digitalb customers
Sep 11, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Digitalb has launched Cubiware’s CubiGO, an over the top (OTT) multiscreen solution that allows operators to offer customers mobile access to their entertainment with a consistent experience across mobile devices.
News categories: Cubiware, Digitalb, Jakub Gorski, Altin Petre, Albania, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
Dune HD and Quadrille partner to bring satellite-based push-VoD to developing regions
Nov 12, 2013 – Dune HD has partnered with French VOD technology provider Quadrille to create a receiver able to download content by means of 'Push VOD', giving operators in developing regions the means to offer content choice even where broadband access is limited.
News categories: Dune HD, Quadrille, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Xavier Battas, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 – DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Content Distribution, DVR, Satellite, Terrestrial
Albania's DigitAlb Pay-TV Platform Extends to 2020 its Eutelsat Satellite Capacity
Jan 6, 2011 – DigitAlb has announced that it has secured its satellite resources for digital broadcasting with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to June 2020. The company has extended for an extra three years its contract with Eutelsat for transponders at 16degrees East.
News categories: Eutelsat, DigitAlb, Albania, Satellite
Albania - Tring DTH starts test broadcasting
Sep 7, 2008 – Broadcasts began a few days ago on Eutelsat W2 16°E to test the new Albanian digital satellite platform Tring. The service is owned by Albanian Satellite Communications (ASC).
News categories: Albanian Satellite Communications, Albania, Digital TV, Satellite
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications