Digital TV News: DS2
Comtrend and DS2 Preview 400Mbps PLC Technology at the 2008 BBWF Forum
Sep 29, 2008 – Comtrend and DS2 are previewing next generation 400Mbps Powerline communications technology at the Broadband World Forum in Brussels.
News categories: Comtrend, DS2, BBWF, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
New DS2 powerline chipsets to provide four times faster transmission speeds than standard wireless
Sep 9, 2008 – DS2 has developed major new features for its 200Mbps powerline communications chipsets to enable four times faster transmission speeds than standard wireless networks. It will showcase how these new upgrades at this year's IBC.
News categories: DS2, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
DS2 advocates Powerline Communications for whole home connectivity in IPTV services
Jun 2, 2008 – DS2 will debut on the Computex show floor with a display entitled Connectivity. The demo highlights key features of DS2 Powerline Communications ICs for self-install and whole home networking in IPTV services to build or extend a home network.
News categories: DS2, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Industry Creates HomeGrid Forum to Develop Technology for Enjoying Multimedia Anywhere in the Home
Apr 29, 2008 – Infineon Technologies, Intel Corporation, Panasonic and Texas Instruments have announced the creation of HomeGrid Forum, which aims to promote and influence a single, next-generation worldwide standard for networking digital content.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Portugal Telecom selects DS2 powerline technology for advanced, HD-ready IPTV
Apr 15, 2008 – DS2 and Portugal Telecom have announced that DS2's UPA-compliant 200Mbps powerline technology has been selected to offer a remotely-managed, multi-channel IPTV service over power lines or coax that substantially reduces installation time and costs.
News categories: DS2, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Control of IPTV Home Network Improves OpEx & Future Revenue Opportunities
Mar 3, 2008 – A new report from MRG, 'IPTV Home Networking Strategies, 2008,' explores the strategic importance of the Home Network for IPTV Operators.
News categories: MRG, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
DS2 unveil complete portfolio of powerline communications solutions for home networking and service provider applications at CES 2008
Jan 7, 2008 – DS2 has unveiled a complete portfolio of solutions for home networks that includes the new 100Mbps Montgo™ chipset, the 200Mbps Aitana™ chipset for IPTV, HD Video and audio, and 400Mbps technology for next generation multimedia applications.
News categories: DS2, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
D-Link Showcases Advanced, Easy-to-Use Home Networking and Digital Home Solutions at CES 2008
Jan 6, 2008 – D-Link will be highlighting its end-to-end home networking and digital home solutions at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here this week, showcasing hot new products such as media players, Wi-Fi Internet photo frame, Green Ethernet switching, next-generation dual band routers, and the latest storage and security devices.
News categories: D-Link, CES2023, Gateway, Media Player, Smart Home, Streaming
HomePlug/Panasonic Merged Proposal Takes the First Step in Becoming a Worldwide Standard through the Efforts of the IEEE P1901 Work Group
Oct 30, 2007 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the joint proposal, submitted by HomePlug member companies and Panasonic®, is the sole MAC/PHY proposal remaining in the IEEE P1901 work group process for creating an international standard for in-home and access powerline communication technologies.
News categories: HomePlug Alliance, DS2, Universal Powerline Association, CEPCA, P1901, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads