Digital TV News: DVB-MHP
Italy plans to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0
Aug 4, 2014 – Italy's Confindustria Radio Televisioni has released a position paper, stating the intention of Italian broadcasters to move from DVB-MHP to HbbTV 2.0 as their preferred digital TV middleware.
News categories: Confindustria Radio Televisioni, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NorDig replaces DVB-MHP with HbbTV for interactive IRDs
Apr 4, 2012 – NorDig has specified a common API for interactive services for advanced IRDs, now referred to as hybrid IRDs. From now on hybrid IRDs will be based on the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) standard, replacing DVB MHP as NorDig's chosen API.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Spain - December DTT monthly update released
Dec 14, 2009 – According to Impulsa-TDT, 957,000 DTT receivers were sold in October, giving a cumulative total for Spain of 23.4 million units. Based on reporting from TNS Sofres, penetration of DTT in Spanish households was 74.7% in November.
News categories: Impulsa-TDT, DVB-MHP, DVD, DVR, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
Alticast to Showcase Its Latest Digital and Interactive TV Solutions at IBC 2009
Sep 11, 2009 – Alticast has announced that it will reveal its latest technology for interactive TV during IBC. Alticast will unveil the world's first single middleware, dual interactive commercialised hybrid receiver, powered by Alticast's Alticaptor middleware.
News categories: Alticast, Cable TV, DVB-MHP, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
TiVo and Alticast Announce Agreement
Mar 2, 2009 – TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) and Alticast have announced that they have entered into an agreement intended to reduce the time-to-market for pay TV operators seeking to harness TiVo's consumer experience in conjunction with the Alticast embedded software.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Alticast, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel Selects Osmosys Java Based Middleware to Power Integrated Digital TV Devices
Sep 10, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX: ADBN) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has selected its DVB-MHP middleware and Navigator software to power its integrated digital TV sets (IDTVs). Vestel will roll out the TVs to the Italian DTT market.
News categories: Osmosys, Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IBC2022, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Taiwan Cable Operator KBRO Launches HD Services Highlighting Alticast's MHP Solution
Aug 11, 2008 – Alticast, the primary DVB-MHP provider for kbro, a leading Taiwan cable operator, has announced that it has successfully passed all Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) and is ready to commercially deploy the first MHP set-top boxes in Taiwan.
News categories: Alticast, kbro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Spain - AETIC to test interactive services for DTT platform
Jun 25, 2008 – The Asociación de Empresas de Electrónica, Tecnologías de la Información y Telecomunicaciones de España (AETIC) has presented its plans to provide testing of DVB-MHP interactive services on the DTT platform.
News categories: AETIC, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Spain, Terrestrial
ADB Launches into Hungary with HelloHD
Apr 28, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX: ADBN) has announced that it will supply high definition (HD) digital video recorders (DVRs), integrated with DVB-MHP software from Osmosys, to Hello Platform for the launch of its new television service HelloHD.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, HelloHD, Osmosys, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, DVR, Hungary, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers