Digital TV News: Dell'Oro
Economic Weakness Impacts Set-top Box Market in the Third Quarter, According to Dell'Oro Group
Dec 10, 2008 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide Set-top Box (STB) market contracted 2 percent sequentially in the third quarter of this year to $3.5 billion, due in large part by declines in both cable and satellite unit shipments.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
German utilities Stadtwerke Sindelfingen/Boeblingen select Alcatel-Lucent's fiber-based triple play solution
Nov 18, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Stadtwerke Sindelfingen and Stadtwerke Boeblingen, utility companies near Stuttgart, for the deployment of a fiber to the home (FTTH)-based triple play solution.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Stadtwerke Sindelfingen, Stadtwerke Boeblingen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IPTV
Seasonally Weak Satellite Set-top Box Sales Cause Market to Fall in First Quarter
Jun 23, 2008 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market contracted 6 percent sequentially to $3.5 billion in the first quarter of this year. The market was up 9 percent, however, compared to the year-ago quarter.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tunisie Telecom selects Alcatel-Lucent's broadband access solution for triple play and VPNs
Dec 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that implementation has begun of a multi-million Euro contract with Tunisie Telecom, Tunisia's national incumbent operator, to deploy a DSL-based network.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Tunisie Telecom, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Tunisia
Weak Cable Set-top Box Sales Cause Third Quarter Contraction
Dec 11, 2007 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market contracted 2 percent on a sequential basis in the third quarter of this year, despite strong growth in the IPTV and satellite set-top box market that was not enough to offset the decline in the cable market.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
IP and Satellite Set-top Box Sales Fuel Market in the Second Quarter, According to Dell'Oro Group
Sep 25, 2007 – Dell'Oro Group has reported that the worldwide set-top box market grew 45 percent in the second quarter of this year over the same period a year ago, due in large part to strong sales of IP and satellite set-top boxes.
News categories: Dell'Oro Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV