Digital TV News: DigiTV
Elion of Estonia Expands HD Offerings with Envivio IPTV Solution
Mar 23, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Elion, the largest telecommunications provider in Estonia, has expanded its DigiTV IPTV service using the Envivio 4Caster™ C4 Three Screens encoder for live HD channels.
News categories: Envivio, Elion, Scansatel, Content Distribution, Estonia, IPTV, Video Exchange
Elion DigiTV customer base grew 43% last year
Feb 5, 2009 – The number of subscribers to Elion's 'DigiTV' cable and IPTV services in Estonia grew by 43% during 2008 to reach 82,500 at the end of the year.
News categories: Elion, Cable TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Eesti Telekom Reports 3rd Quarter and first nine months 2008
Oct 24, 2008 – Sales revenues of the Eesti Telekom Group (Tallin: ETLAT) in the third quarter of 2008 reached 100.1 million EUR (3rd quarter 2007: 103.1 million EUR). By the end of the third quarter, Elion had 75.4 thousand IP- and cable television clients.
News categories: Elion, Eesti Telekom, Cable TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
RCS & RDS Contracts Intelsat Capacity at 1Âº West for Its Expansion
Sep 4, 2008 – Intelsat has announced that Romania Cable Systems and Romania Data Systems S.A. (RCS & RDS) has signed an expansion contract for capacity at 1Âº West. The additional capacity will be used to offer a larger DTH bouquet for RCS & RDS' DigiTV service.
News categories: Intelsat, RCS & RDS, DigiTV, IBC, Romania, Satellite
Eesti Telekom Reports 2nd Quarter and First Half 2008
Jul 18, 2008 – The number of Elion triple-package users increased by 4,200 in the quarter, reaching 62.8 thousand as of 30 June. By the end of the second quarter, Elion had 67.7 thousand IP and cable television clients (30 June 2007: 39.5 thousand).
News categories: Elion, Eesti Telekom, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Price squeeze looms as telcos compete for pay-TV customers
Jun 9, 2008 – According to the latest research from media analysts Screen Digest, IPTV is rapidly becoming a commodity - bundled for no extra cost with a broadband and/or telephony package.
News categories: Screen Digest, Broadband, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Iceland, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Finland switched over to all-digital television
Mar 1, 2008 – The whole of Finland switched completely over to digital television on Saturday, 1 March, at 8.00 a.m. when analogue broadcasting was also switched off in cable networks.
News categories: Finnish National Broadcasting Company, DigiTV, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Elion is the first to start transmission of new generation high-definition television in Estonia
Feb 1, 2007 – High-Definition TV or HDTV is a television transmission technology that provides picture quality that is five times sharper than standard-resolution television pictures, and which Elion will be the first to offer in Estonia.
News categories: Elion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor