Digital TV News: Digita
317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
Sep 24, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of SVOD subscriptions in the U.S. will climb from 203 million in 2019 to 317 million by 2025 despite this being the most mature market in the world.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
Sep 23, 2020 – Clearcable is expanding its Video Services business with the addition of the Minerva Networks IPTV platform. Clearcable powers operators in Canada with their data center and content distribution network offerings.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Clearcable, Randy Osborne, Paul Osmond, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
Sep 22, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that it has acquired the assets of AdSparx, a start-up offering a cloud-based platform for server side in-stream dynamic ad insertion (DAI).
News categories: Discovery, AdSparx, Avi Saxena, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, MnA, OTT, USA
U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
Sep 22, 2020 – While pandemic-driven lockdowns may have benefited certain forms of media, traditional pay TV is not one of them. According to eMarketer, cable, satellite, and telecom TV providers will lose the most subscribers ever.
News categories: eMarketer, Eric Haggstrom, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
Sep 22, 2020 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will be providing content licensing and digital supply chain solutions to support Liberty Global's video and TV platforms and Virgin Media's on-demand services.
News categories: Vubiquity, Liberty Global, Darcy Antonellis, Chris Van Der Linden, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, UK
TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
Sep 21, 2020 – Anevia and Viaccess-Orca have announced the launch of an OTT TV platform in Bogotá with TV Red Digital. TV Red Digital will operate the platform as a white-label OTT TV resource available to Colombian ISPs.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Grégory Samson, Carlos Ramos, Days Velazco, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Poland
Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
Sep 21, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 191 million SVOD subscriptions in 2025, more than double the 90 million seen at end-2019. About 35 million will be added in 2020 alone, with Covid having a major effect.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx