Digital TV News: Digital+
Canal+ Spain subscribers down another 59,500 in 2Q 2013
Jul 25, 2013 – Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first half of 2013. Canal+ Spain's satellite subscribers fell by 88,119 in the first half. Despite this, its market share grew because of higher falls at other operators.
News categories: Grupo PRISA, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Terrestrial
Cisco to develop next generation DIGITAL+ set-top boxes
Jul 26, 2011 – Spain's PRISA TV (Madrid: PRS) has said that it has signed a contract with Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) for the financing and development of Digital Plus decoders.
News categories: PRISA, Cisco Systems, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Digital+ launches 3D demo channel on ASTRA
Apr 27, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Spanish operator Digital+ has launched a 3D demo channel. The channel, called Canal+ 3D Demo and broadcast via SES ASTRA's orbital position 23.5ÂºE, is available free-to-air across Europe.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital+, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, Spain, VR
Nagra announces 2010 annual results
Feb 24, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2010 annual results. Group total revenues rose by 7.6%, driven by strong growth in the Digital TV division, with weaker growth rates in the Middleware and Advertising and Public Access segments.
News categories: Nagra, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nagra powers Over-The-Top Service for Spain's leading pay-TV operator DIGITAL+
Feb 10, 2011 – Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) and Spain's DIGITAL+ have announced the launch of 'DIGITAL+ a la carta', an Over-The-Top VOD and linear TV service powered and secured by Nagra and available to subscribers of the DIGITAL+ satellite service.
News categories: Nagra, Grupo PRISA, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Spain
KDG adds 34k Premium TV RGUs in 1Q10
Apr 26, 2010 – Kabel Deutschland (KDG) has announced its KPIs for the end of its fiscal year 2009/2010, March 31, 2010. Premium TV RGUs increase by approximately 111 thousand units year-over-year reaching 1,073 thousand on March 31, 2010.
News categories: KDG, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
CANAL+ Spain to launch 3D transmissions in April
Mar 2, 2010 – CANAL+ (Madrid: PRS) will begin broadcasting a 3D channel - Canal Plus 3D - in April, the first such service in Spain. Customers will be able to receive the programming through their DIGITAL+ set-top box in conjunction with a 3D-capable TV.
News categories: Sogecable, DIGITAL+, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, VR
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India