Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
ViXS and ProVision Develop Wi-Fi enabled thin-client STB reference design
Sep 6, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a reference design based on its XCode® 4205 client SoC and leveraging antennae and WiFi software from Global Invacom's ProVision unit. The combination transforms the client into a cost-effective and efficient IP STB.
News categories: ViXS, Global Invacom, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ViXS powers Sony 'Nasne' Networked Recorder And Media Storage Device
Aug 30, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode 4210 powers the Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) PS3 networked recorder and media storage device called 'Nasne'. The XCode 4210 is a network media processor and transcoding single chip System on Chip (SoC).
News categories: ViXS, Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Smart Home
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, Gateway, Router, Smart Home
ViXS® Announces Quad Transcoding with MoCA2.0 for DOCSIS Media Gateways
Mar 9, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced two System on Chip (SoC) solutions enabling DOCSIS media gateways: the XCode 5191, a quad HD to HD transcoder, in production today, and the XConnex 1030 MoCA2.0 solution, general sampling in Q2 2012.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Monsoon Multimedia and Zenverge Partner to Deliver Placeshifting and DVR Functionality to CE OEMs
Jan 10, 2012 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced that it has selected Zenverge's ZN200 Quad-Stream Transcoder to work with Monsoon's placeshifting and DVR software to enable HD streaming to multiple mobile devices for major OEMs.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, Zenverge, CES2021, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DLNA® Premium Video Enables Delivery of TV Programs and Movies to DLNA Certified® Products
Jan 10, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) has announced the introduction of DLNA Premium Video. With DLNA Premium Video, service providers can allow consumers to stream their favorite television programs and movies to DLNA Certified® products.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, CES2021, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
ViXS® and Morega Team up to Power Digital Media Hub for Consumer Content
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Morega Systems have announced a strategic partnership to enable, for the first time, the seamless access and streaming of premium, personal, and user-generated content to and from multiple devices within the home.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, CES2021, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Axentra HipServ® NAS Media Software available on ViXS® XCode® 4208 Network Media Processor
Jan 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that Axentra has integrated its HipServ NAS software on ViXS' XCode 4208 Media Processor SoC providing consumers with a unique and simple home cloud experience.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Axentra, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product