Digital TV News: Digitalsmiths
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Digitalsmiths video content discovery deployment begins at Charter
May 13, 2014 – Digitalsmiths (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Charter Communications has began deployment of the Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery® platform to more than 5 million Charter TV and Internet customers.
News categories: Digitalsmiths, Charter Communications, Rich DiGeronimo, Ben Weinberger, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Advanced content recommendations to reach 75% of US pay TV households by 2018
Feb 24, 2014 – Consumer exposure to advanced recommendations engines will grow to reach 75% of Pay TV households on multiscreen services and 55% on set-top boxes within North America by 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Pay TV Companies Struggle to Keep Up With Netflix's User Interface
Jul 11, 2012 – Pay TV companies are struggling to keep up with video experiences enabled by connected TVs and iPads. Their situation is exacerbated by suffering a hardware disadvantage as they rely on set-top boxes that are typically a 5-7 year-old technology.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom