Digital TV News: Digitalsmiths
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Digitalsmiths video content discovery deployment begins at Charter
May 13, 2014 – Digitalsmiths (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Charter Communications has began deployment of the Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery® platform to more than 5 million Charter TV and Internet customers.
News categories: Digitalsmiths, Charter Communications, Rich DiGeronimo, Ben Weinberger, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Advanced content recommendations to reach 75% of US pay TV households by 2018
Feb 24, 2014 – Consumer exposure to advanced recommendations engines will grow to reach 75% of Pay TV households on multiscreen services and 55% on set-top boxes within North America by 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Pay TV Companies Struggle to Keep Up With Netflix's User Interface
Jul 11, 2012 – Pay TV companies are struggling to keep up with video experiences enabled by connected TVs and iPads. Their situation is exacerbated by suffering a hardware disadvantage as they rely on set-top boxes that are typically a 5-7 year-old technology.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform