Digital TV News: Discretix
Hardware-Assisted DRM and Link Protection from Discretix Enabling HD Video Worldwide
Apr 16, 2012 – Discretix' hardware-assisted content protection protects sensitive DRM assets by fully integrating with the ARM® TrustZone® ecosystem, across all leading platforms, utilizing a variety of Trusted Execution Environments (TEE) and Secure OSs.
News categories: Discretix, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, NABShow, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Latens and Discretix Partner to Extend Content Protection Beyond Pay TV Distribution Networks
Oct 18, 2011 – Discretix and Latens (LSE: PIC) has announced a partnership to extend content protection beyond traditional Pay TV networks to include smartphones, tablets and other connected devices.
News categories: Discretix, Latens, Content Protection, Smartphone, Tablet
Skyviia Selects Discretix Hardware-Assisted DRM For Hybrid Set-Top Boxes SoCs
Apr 4, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Skyviia has chosen Discretix' Multi-Scheme DRM Client and CryptoCell embedded security platform for integration into its SoCs for hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Discretix, Skyviia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Gemtek Licenses Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft® PlayReady® Support
Feb 16, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Gemtek Technology has licensed its Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft PlayReady® support for Android based pocket-size smart TV box.
News categories: Discretix, Gemtek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MWC22, Set Top Box, Streaming
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming
Discretix CPRM Content Protection Client Shipping on Selected Mobile Phones in Japan
Nov 15, 2010 – Discretix has announced that its CPRM Client has been shipping on selected mobile phones in Japan. The CPRM Client protects the distribution of content on SD cards and mobiles using the handset's processor, eliminating the need for dedicated CPRM hardware.
News categories: Discretix, 4C Entity, Content Protection, DRM, Japan, Middleware, Mobile
Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Supports Microsoft PlayReady, to Enable Premium Content on Connected Devices
Aug 25, 2010 – Discretix has announced that its Multi-Scheme DRM Client is supporting Microsoft PlayReady® content access and protection technology. The DRM client enables the distribution and use of premium digital content on connected multimedia devices.
News categories: Discretix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Discretix and CoreMedia demonstrate OMA DRM for mobile video streaming
Mar 18, 2009 – Discretix and CoreMedia have announced the availability of the world's first open standards-based solution for secure mobile video streaming.
News categories: CoreMedia, Discretix, 5G, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile
Discretix, DiBcom & Expway Demonstrate Complete Mobile TV Reference Design at 2009 Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 – DiBcom, Expway and Discretix have announced the debut of an end-to-end, standards-based mobile TV reference design, that will be on display at the 2009 Mobile World Congress.
News categories: DiBcom, Expway, Discretix, Content Protection, Middleware, Mobile, MWC22, Semiconductor
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters