Digital TV News: Discretix
Hardware-Assisted DRM and Link Protection from Discretix Enabling HD Video Worldwide
Apr 16, 2012 – Discretix' hardware-assisted content protection protects sensitive DRM assets by fully integrating with the ARM® TrustZone® ecosystem, across all leading platforms, utilizing a variety of Trusted Execution Environments (TEE) and Secure OSs.
News categories: Discretix, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, NABShow, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Latens and Discretix Partner to Extend Content Protection Beyond Pay TV Distribution Networks
Oct 18, 2011 – Discretix and Latens (LSE: PIC) has announced a partnership to extend content protection beyond traditional Pay TV networks to include smartphones, tablets and other connected devices.
News categories: Discretix, Latens, Content Protection, Smartphone, Tablet
Skyviia Selects Discretix Hardware-Assisted DRM For Hybrid Set-Top Boxes SoCs
Apr 4, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Skyviia has chosen Discretix' Multi-Scheme DRM Client and CryptoCell embedded security platform for integration into its SoCs for hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Discretix, Skyviia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Gemtek Licenses Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft® PlayReady® Support
Feb 16, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Gemtek Technology has licensed its Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft PlayReady® support for Android based pocket-size smart TV box.
News categories: Discretix, Gemtek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MWC21, Set Top Box, Streaming
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming
Discretix CPRM Content Protection Client Shipping on Selected Mobile Phones in Japan
Nov 15, 2010 – Discretix has announced that its CPRM Client has been shipping on selected mobile phones in Japan. The CPRM Client protects the distribution of content on SD cards and mobiles using the handset's processor, eliminating the need for dedicated CPRM hardware.
News categories: Discretix, 4C Entity, Content Protection, DRM, Japan, Middleware, Mobile
Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Supports Microsoft PlayReady, to Enable Premium Content on Connected Devices
Aug 25, 2010 – Discretix has announced that its Multi-Scheme DRM Client is supporting Microsoft PlayReady® content access and protection technology. The DRM client enables the distribution and use of premium digital content on connected multimedia devices.
News categories: Discretix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Discretix and CoreMedia demonstrate OMA DRM for mobile video streaming
Mar 18, 2009 – Discretix and CoreMedia have announced the availability of the world's first open standards-based solution for secure mobile video streaming.
News categories: CoreMedia, Discretix, 5G, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile
Discretix, DiBcom & Expway Demonstrate Complete Mobile TV Reference Design at 2009 Mobile World Congress
Feb 16, 2009 – DiBcom, Expway and Discretix have announced the debut of an end-to-end, standards-based mobile TV reference design, that will be on display at the 2009 Mobile World Congress.
News categories: DiBcom, Expway, Discretix, Content Protection, Middleware, Mobile, MWC21, Semiconductor
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying