Digital TV News: Disney Plus
COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
Apr 6, 2021 – According to ABI Research, online video and gaming markets reached US$330 billion in 2020 - households stacked streaming video subscriptions, driving revenues to over US$69 billion, and gaming saw YoY growth of over 22%.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
May 22, 2020 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Disney+ continuing its stellar growth with over 2 million Australians now viewing the subscription TV service after only four months. It took Netflix six months from launch to attract the same number.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
Apr 6, 2020 – Even before the enforced lockdown in New Zealand, data from Roy Morgan shows Netflix, Lightbox and Amazon Prime Video experienced double digit growth in viewership and new entrant Apple TV captured a large audience over the past twelve months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Streaming, Subscribers
U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
Jan 21, 2020 – In 2019, U.S. consumers watched about 20 minutes more streamed TV content per week on Netflix than they did in 2018. Weekly time spent watching the top two SVOD services rose 7%, growing from 3 hours 45 minutes in 2018 to 4 hours 6 minutes in 2019, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD, Kathi Chandler-Payatt, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
Nov 12, 2019 – North America’s SVOD market will close 2019 with an estimated 147 million subscriptions, expanding at a CAGR of 9% through 2023, according to GlobalData. The US market is one of the most competitive SVoD markets worldwide.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, Streaming, Subscribers
Almost 14 million Australians have subscription or pay TV
Jul 1, 2019 – Research from Roy Morgan shows that 13,975,000 Australians aged 14+ now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV or Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD). Netflix is the clear market leader with nearly 11.5 million Australians having a subscription.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
Apr 17, 2019 – Digital TV Research expects the number of SVOD subscriptions in North America to climb by 110 million from 160 million in 2018 to 270 million in 2024, with 77.8% of TV households (94 million) subscribing to at least one SVOD platform by then.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029