Digital TV News: DisplayPort
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Silicon Line demonstrates first active optical cables with HDMI 2.1 support
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, Silicon Line is demonstrating the world's first active optical cables with embedded technology supporting all features of the recently released HDMI 2.1 specification.
News categories: Silicon Line, Ruud van der Linden, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor
VESA introduces True Black HDR standard for OLED and other emissive displays
Jan 3, 2019 – VESA has introduced its new DisplayHDR True Black high dynamic range (HDR) standard, a variant on VESA's widely adopted High-Performance Monitor and Display Compliance Test Specification (DisplayHDR).
News categories: Video Electronics Standards Association, DisplayHDR, Roland Wooster, Jeremy Yun, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
Feb 12, 2018 – Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) and Insight Media have announce the launch of a report covering the latest developments in 8K TV technology. The report covers all aspects of the ecosystem required to make 8K a reality.
News categories: DSCC, Insight Media, Bob O’Brien, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
IHS Markit Analysis: The Wired Interface Technology Market
Aug 14, 2017 – According to IHS Markit, the number of devices that will have at least one external wired interface port is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 24 percent, from 1.7 billion devices in 2016 to 5.2 billion devices in 2021.
News categories: IHS Markit, Dinesh Kithany, Norman Akhtar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
PathPartner Technology announces hybrid hardware-software HEVC decoder IP
Sep 23, 2014 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of the industry's first hybrid HEVC (H.265) decoder partitioned optimally between ARM Cortex-A9 software and FPGA hardware.
News categories: PathPartner, Xilinx, Vinay Mangalore, Aaron Behman, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
Jul 23, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the period ended June 29, 2013. Second quarter net revenues totaled $2.05 billion and gross margin was 32.8%. Net loss attributable to ST was $152 million.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VESA® releases DockPort™ standard
Jun 3, 2014 – VESA has announced the release of the DockPort standard. DockPort is a DisplayPort extension that allows USB 3.1 data and DC power to be carried over a single DisplayPort connector and cable that also carries high-resolution audio/video data.
News categories: Video Electronics Standards Association, DisplayPort, Steve Belt, Chris Griffith, Alan Kobayashi, Mobile, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
VESA and MIPI announce Display Stream Compression standard
Apr 22, 2014 – VESA and the MIPI Alliance have announced the availability of DSC 1.0. VESA developed the DSC standard as a compression standard for video interfaces, offering visually lossless performance and low latency.
News categories: Video Electronics Standards Association, MIPI Alliance, Dale Stolitzka, Joel Huloux, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader