Digital TV News: DoubleVerify
DoubleVerify neutralizes ‘SmokeScreen’ CTV fraud scheme
Aug 12, 2021 – DoubleVerify (DV) [NYSE: DV] has identified a CTV advertising fraud scheme, dubbed 'SmokeScreen', which caused screensavers to hijack CTV devices to generate impressions — even when the screen is off.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Roy Rosenfeld, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 27, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify uncovers SSAI fraud hijacking CTV device sessions
Mar 4, 2021 – DoubleVerify (DV) has uncovered the first server-side ad insertion (SSAI) scheme known to hijack real CTV device sessions. At its peak, the scheme spoofed over 2 million devices each day.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
Jan 14, 2021 – DoubleVerify has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for display and video rendered ad impression measurement and invalid traffic filtration in the Connected TV (CTV) media environment.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Olga O’Donnell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify introduces ad completion measurement tools for CTV
Jul 17, 2020 – DoubleVerify has announced a measurement offering that allows advertisers to measure signals that offer a strong proxy for viewability on CTV. Historically, measuring viewability has been challenging for CTV inventory.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
Jul 9, 2020 – Unruly has expanded its brand protection through a partnership with DoubleVerify. DoubleVerify’s fraud-filtering will be applied pre-bid across Unruly’s marketplace, ensuring ads are delivered in brand safe environments.
News categories: Unruly, DoubleVerify, Hilary Goldsmith, Steven Woolway, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, USA
DoubleVerify standardizes CTV app identifiers across platforms
Jun 10, 2020 – DoubleVerify has launched a transparency and reporting solution for CTV inventory. The new solution is designed to give CTV buyers full transparency and accurate data on where their campaigns are running across all major CTV devices.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Joe Barone, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Tremor Video expands video ad fraud-filtering with DoubleVerify
May 7, 2020 – Tremor Video has announced that it has extended its partnership with DoubleVerify in a deal to expand its brand protection solutions. DoubleVerify fraud-filtering capabilities will include Connected TV (CTV), where fraud activity is on the rise.
News categories: Tremor Video, DoubleVerify, Oracle, Amy Guenel, Steven Woolway, Chris Stark, Advertising, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
Oct 15, 2019 – Amobee has announced an extension of its partnership with DoubleVerify to expand its fraud prevention solution to include connected TV inventory. The updated protection uses an early detection system to prevent fraud from reaching the Amobee platform.
News categories: Amobee, DoubleVerify, Bryan Everett, Steven Woolway, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV