Digital TV News: EMC
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Iomega DVR Expander Drive Now Certified With Pace Set-Top Boxes
Feb 26, 2009 – Iomega (NYSE:EMC) has announced that the Iomega® DVR Expander Drive is certified for compatibility with Pace Americas (LSE: PIC) cable set-top boxes and digital video recorders.
News categories: Iomega, Pace, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
WirelessHD™ Consortium Completes Compliance Test Specification and Names First Authorized Test Center
Jan 7, 2009 – The WirelessHD™ Consortium has announced that the WirelessHD Compliance Test Specification (CTS) version 1.0 is now available. In addition, Compliance Certification Services (CCS) has been named the first WirelessHD Authorized Test Center.
News categories: WirelessHDâ„¢ Consortium, Compliance Certification Services, CES2021, Smart Home
SiConnect Powerline Modem Chips Handle Cutting-Edge Multimedia Applications
Dec 4, 2007 – SiConnect is to begin sampling two new powerline modem chips. The PLi050A is for distribution of uncompressed audio, while the PLi050 targets consumer electronics applications including online gaming, IPTV distribution and in-home Voice over IP applications.
News categories: SiConnect, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SiConnect proposal takes next step toward inclusion in IEEE powerline standard
Oct 8, 2007 – SiConnect has successfully merged its submission for the forthcoming IEEE P1901 powerline communication coexistence standard with the proposal submitted jointly by the Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA) and the Universal Powerline Association (UPA).
News categories: SiConnect, Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA), Universal Powerline Association (UPA), Semiconductor, Smart Home, UK
LCD Continuing March Toward DTV Dominance
Aug 14, 2007 – LCD will continue its ascension to market dominance in the worldwide digital TV (DTV) market, reports In-Stat. LCD will have almost 75% of the market in 2011, with plasma fading to less than 15%, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Femtocells Will Boost Mobile Triple-Play Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The worldwide wireless market in the developed world is approaching saturation. Mobile triple-play services are the most likely solution to this situation, but only when cell operators first solve signal coverage and capacity issues.
News categories: Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Chinese HDTV Market Developing Slowly
Aug 7, 2007 – With companies in the Chinese HDTV service market generally adopting wait-and-see strategies at present, investment and marketing efforts on HDTV in China have been small, reports In-Stat. As a result, HDTV subscriber growth will be slow in China over the next several years, reaching a modest two million by 2011, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: China, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product