Digital TV News: EMC
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Iomega DVR Expander Drive Now Certified With Pace Set-Top Boxes
Feb 26, 2009 – Iomega (NYSE:EMC) has announced that the Iomega® DVR Expander Drive is certified for compatibility with Pace Americas (LSE: PIC) cable set-top boxes and digital video recorders.
News categories: Iomega, Pace, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
WirelessHD™ Consortium Completes Compliance Test Specification and Names First Authorized Test Center
Jan 7, 2009 – The WirelessHD™ Consortium has announced that the WirelessHD Compliance Test Specification (CTS) version 1.0 is now available. In addition, Compliance Certification Services (CCS) has been named the first WirelessHD Authorized Test Center.
News categories: WirelessHDâ„¢ Consortium, Compliance Certification Services, CES2022, Smart Home
SiConnect Powerline Modem Chips Handle Cutting-Edge Multimedia Applications
Dec 4, 2007 – SiConnect is to begin sampling two new powerline modem chips. The PLi050A is for distribution of uncompressed audio, while the PLi050 targets consumer electronics applications including online gaming, IPTV distribution and in-home Voice over IP applications.
News categories: SiConnect, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SiConnect proposal takes next step toward inclusion in IEEE powerline standard
Oct 8, 2007 – SiConnect has successfully merged its submission for the forthcoming IEEE P1901 powerline communication coexistence standard with the proposal submitted jointly by the Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA) and the Universal Powerline Association (UPA).
News categories: SiConnect, Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA), Universal Powerline Association (UPA), Semiconductor, Smart Home, UK
LCD Continuing March Toward DTV Dominance
Aug 14, 2007 – LCD will continue its ascension to market dominance in the worldwide digital TV (DTV) market, reports In-Stat. LCD will have almost 75% of the market in 2011, with plasma fading to less than 15%, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Femtocells Will Boost Mobile Triple-Play Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The worldwide wireless market in the developed world is approaching saturation. Mobile triple-play services are the most likely solution to this situation, but only when cell operators first solve signal coverage and capacity issues.
News categories: Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Chinese HDTV Market Developing Slowly
Aug 7, 2007 – With companies in the Chinese HDTV service market generally adopting wait-and-see strategies at present, investment and marketing efforts on HDTV in China have been small, reports In-Stat. As a result, HDTV subscriber growth will be slow in China over the next several years, reaching a modest two million by 2011, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: China, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner