Digital TV News: EMC
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Iomega DVR Expander Drive Now Certified With Pace Set-Top Boxes
Feb 26, 2009 – Iomega (NYSE:EMC) has announced that the Iomega® DVR Expander Drive is certified for compatibility with Pace Americas (LSE: PIC) cable set-top boxes and digital video recorders.
News categories: Iomega, Pace, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
WirelessHD™ Consortium Completes Compliance Test Specification and Names First Authorized Test Center
Jan 7, 2009 – The WirelessHD™ Consortium has announced that the WirelessHD Compliance Test Specification (CTS) version 1.0 is now available. In addition, Compliance Certification Services (CCS) has been named the first WirelessHD Authorized Test Center.
News categories: WirelessHDâ„¢ Consortium, Compliance Certification Services, CES2021, Smart Home
SiConnect Powerline Modem Chips Handle Cutting-Edge Multimedia Applications
Dec 4, 2007 – SiConnect is to begin sampling two new powerline modem chips. The PLi050A is for distribution of uncompressed audio, while the PLi050 targets consumer electronics applications including online gaming, IPTV distribution and in-home Voice over IP applications.
News categories: SiConnect, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SiConnect proposal takes next step toward inclusion in IEEE powerline standard
Oct 8, 2007 – SiConnect has successfully merged its submission for the forthcoming IEEE P1901 powerline communication coexistence standard with the proposal submitted jointly by the Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA) and the Universal Powerline Association (UPA).
News categories: SiConnect, Consumer Electronics Powerline Communication Alliance (CEPCA), Universal Powerline Association (UPA), Semiconductor, Smart Home, UK
LCD Continuing March Toward DTV Dominance
Aug 14, 2007 – LCD will continue its ascension to market dominance in the worldwide digital TV (DTV) market, reports In-Stat. LCD will have almost 75% of the market in 2011, with plasma fading to less than 15%, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Femtocells Will Boost Mobile Triple-Play Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The worldwide wireless market in the developed world is approaching saturation. Mobile triple-play services are the most likely solution to this situation, but only when cell operators first solve signal coverage and capacity issues.
News categories: Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Chinese HDTV Market Developing Slowly
Aug 7, 2007 – With companies in the Chinese HDTV service market generally adopting wait-and-see strategies at present, investment and marketing efforts on HDTV in China have been small, reports In-Stat. As a result, HDTV subscriber growth will be slow in China over the next several years, reaching a modest two million by 2011, the high-tech market research firm says.
News categories: China, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic