Digital TV News: EY
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
ACCESS and Fingerprint bring Kidomi super app to car backseats
Mar 24, 2021 – ACCESS Europe has announced that it has partnered with Fingerprint Digital to bring children’s content to vehicles via the ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Fingerprint Digital, Sven Eckoldt, Kimberly Verbonitz, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
TiVo to expand ad reach with BDEX ML-based audience targeting
Mar 24, 2021 – TiVo will use the BDEX Omnisource IQ — Machine Learning solution to create, based on its TV data, a model of advertisers’ ideal target audiences. Advertisers can then activate these audiences via the platform of their choice.
News categories: BDEX, TiVo, David Finkelstein, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CCTV broadcasts live 8K Ultra HD channel over 5G with Telestream
Feb 11, 2021 – China Central TV (CCTV) has tested live 8K UHD TV over a 5G network. The test broadcast used Telestream’s full IP solution with Telestream monitoring used throughout the production and distribution workflows.
News categories: Telestream, China Central TV, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG announces world's first Eyesafe-certified TV display
Jan 6, 2021 – LG Display and Eyesafe have announced the world's first Eyesafe Certified TV display. The display was designed to meet Eyesafe requirements for low emissions of blue light and optimal color performance.
News categories: Eyesafe, LG Display, TUV Rheinland, Justin Barrett, Davis Lee, Dr. David Friess, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Kalyan Varma, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies announces HDR10+ ADAPTIVE
Jan 5, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the specifications for a new feature called HDR10+ ADAPTIVE, designed to optimize HDR10+ content for a more consistent viewing experience in various environments.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK