Digital TV News: EastLink
Eastlink transforms TV viewing experience with TiVo
Sep 2, 2020 – Eastlink has announced that its customers now have access to a TV viewing experience powered by TiVo. TiVo removes the frustration of constantly searching for what to watch.
News categories: Eastlink, TiVo, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Espial signs Eastlink for Elevate SaaS cloud platform
Dec 21, 2017 – Espial has announced that Eastlink, a leading provider of high-speed internet, digital TV and telephone services in NS, NB, PEI, Nfld, ON, AB, and BC, has signed an agreement with Espial to power Eastlink’s video services with the Elevate SaaS cloud platform.
News categories: Espial, Eastlink, Jaison Dolvane, Deborah Shaffner, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Eastlink selects ARRIS for HEVC and UltraHD compression
Sep 27, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Eastlink has selected the ARRIS ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform to offer more, higher-quality channels to its Canadian cable TV subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Eastlink, Kevin Wirick, Jim Fitzgerald, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Bell Media's CraveTV to Go OTT on January 1
Jul 13, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that its premium TV streaming service CraveTV will become available direct to all Canadian consumers with access to the internet on January 1, 2016. CraveTV is currently only available to subscribers of participating television providers.
News categories: Bell Media, Mary Ann Turcke, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Eastlink launches Wireless TV in Canada
Oct 16, 2014 – Canadian cable TV company, Eastlink, has announced the national launch of its Wireless TV giving its Maestro customers the ability to enjoy an unmatched TV experience on an unprecedented six TVs anywhere in the home.
News categories: Eastlink, Lee Bragg, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home
Eastlink iPad app personalizes the TV guide experience
Jul 11, 2013 – Canada's Eastlink has announced the launch of a new iPad application, TotalGuide xD. The new application, powered by Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), allows customers to browse TV listings, explore programs, find what to watch, personalize the guide, and remotely schedule recordings.
News categories: Eastlink, Rovi, Apps, Cable TV, Tablet
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th