Digital TV News: EchoStar Europe
EchoStar Showcases New Ultra Slimline DVR
Sep 11, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of what it considers to be the slimmest digital video recorder (DVR) in the world. The state-of-the-art nickel-plated case houses all the technology you'd expect from a high-end DVR.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, DVR, IBCShowcase, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box
EchoStar Europe Integrates OpenTV's Linux Client Solution From Nagravision
Sep 11, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it has worked closely with Nagravision to port OpenTV Linux-based client middleware to the EchoStar HDX-600R hybrid digital video recorder (DVR).
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Nagravision, OpenTV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Connectivity the Key for EchoStar Europe at IBC2010
Sep 10, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it will illustrate at IBC2010 how digital TV operators can unlock the potential of connected devices to provide added-value services to consumers whilst increasing network profitability.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, DVR, IBCShowcase, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MHEG Community Welcomes RTÉ's Selection Of MHEG For Irish DTT
Aug 4, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news that Ireland's public broadcaster RTÉ has selected MHEG as the interactive middleware for the rollout of its national DTT service.
News categories: IMPALA, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ETSI Adds Hybrid TV Interaction Channel In MHEG Middleware Update
May 5, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that ETSI has published the latest version of the market-leading public standard interactive TV middleware as a formal European standard.
News categories: IMPALA, MHEG-5, Middleware
EchoStar Europe to Spotlight Complementary Applications and Services at IPTV World Forum 2010
Mar 23, 2010 – Echostar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it will illustrate how IPTV and broadband TV operators are in pole position to gain from consumer's hunger for more flexible TV solutions.
News categories: Echostar Europe, DVR, IPTV, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
EchoStar Europe Enables Media Ubiquity at Cable Congress 2010
Mar 3, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its SlingLoaded™ place-shifting and home networking platform will feature alongside a range of advanced set-top boxes and digital video recorders for cable operators at Cable Congress 2010.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product