Digital TV News: Empower
ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
Sep 16, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) unveiled its next-generation Cloud Premium Video Platform (PVP) at IBC. Türk Telekom is using the solution to provide advanced experiences for its viewers.
News categories: ZTE, Türk Telekom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Turkey
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
iWedia technology integrated with the OBLO IoT platform
Sep 14, 2023 – iWedia and OBLO have partnered on a connected device solution, combining iWedia's Diagnostics System, WatchParty, Gamification, and User Engagement Monitoring with the OBLO IoT platform.
News categories: iWedia, OBLO, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi and Ateme offer pre-integrated FAST deployment solution
Sep 13, 2023 – Tata Elxsi has announced an alliance with Ateme to deliver a pre-integrated FAST channel deployment solution, combining Tata Elxsi's OTT delivery platform with Ateme's SSAI technology.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Ateme, KP Sreekumar, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
MainConcept combines immersive advertising with encoding efficiency
Sep 13, 2023 – MainConcept has announced it will showcase its new codec-based, server-side ad-technology at IBC. The technology allows personalized, overlay ads to be embedded into streams, at scale.
News categories: MainConcept, Thomas Kramer, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
United Cloud selects Verimatrix for mobile app protection
Sep 13, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that United Cloud will deploy Verimatrix Extended Threat Defense (XTD) technologies to strengthen protections for its EON TV-branded TV 2.0 platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, United Cloud, Asaf Ashkenazi, Sergej Berisaj, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
VideoAmp announces $150 million Series G investment
Sep 13, 2023 – VideoAmp has announced $150 million in Series G funding led by Vista Credit Partners. The funding will help accelerate the growth of VideoAmp's advanced media currency solution.
News categories: VideoAmp, Vista Credit Partners, Paul Ross, David Flannery, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification