Digital TV News: Encoding.com
Telestream acquires Encoding.com
May 17, 2022 – Telestream has acquired Encoding.com, a cloud media processing platform used by customers around the globe. The acquisition solidifies Telestream's leadership in file-based video media workflows and orchestration from on-prem to cloud.
News categories: Telestream, Encoding.com, Dan Castles, Gregg Heil, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Encoding.com offers Beamr Content-Adaptive Bitrate service in the Cloud
Jun 8, 2020 – Encoding.com is to offer Beamr's Content-Adaptive Bitrate encoding technology to its customers. The service will be added to Encoding.com's suite of microservices for powering file-based VOD workflows in the cloud.
News categories: Encoding.com, Beamr, Greggory Heil, Eli Lubitch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
Feb 14, 2019 – Encoding.com has been selected by Akamai as the preferred partner for its Media Services On Demand (MSOD) customers. With Akamai retiring MSOD transcoding, the company is recommending that customers transition to the Encoding.com platform.
News categories: Encoding.com, Akamai, Jeff Malkin, Shawn Michels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
Oct 18, 2017 – Encoding.com has introduced the first Video QC as a Service in the cloud. The new service will enable content providers to offload their video quality control infrastructure, and instead utilize the cloud based API service from Encoding.com.
News categories: Encoding.com, Greggory Heil, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca partners with Encoding.com for OTT media processing in the Cloud
Mar 23, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca and Encoding.com have partnered to streamline the preparation of VOD content for OTT multiscreen applications. Viaccess-Orca's cloud-based TV Everywhere as a Service (TVaaS) is now integrated with Encoding.com's cloud media processing platform.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Encoding.com, Paul Molinier, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Encoding.com publishes 2016 Global Media Format Report
Jan 27, 2016 – Encoding.com has released their second annual report analyzing trends in video formats for web, mobile, broadcast and OTT distribution.
News categories: Encoding.com, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media