Digital TV News: Encompass
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
TVSquared teams up with Experian to power TV analytics
Feb 18, 2021 – TVSquared has announced that it has teamed up with Experian to offer deterministic TV ad measurement. Experian's data will be integrated into TVSquared's advanced TV ad platform.
News categories: TVSquared, Experian, Bob Ivins, Genevieve Juillard, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Antix Digital acquires streaming and compression portfolio from Imagine Communications
Feb 1, 2021 – Antix Digital has acquired Imagine Communications' live streaming and compression portfolio. The new company will develop the products further while taking over service and support for existing customers.
News categories: Antix Digital, Imagine Communications, Tony Huang, Steve Reynolds, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
8K Association updates logo scheme specification for TVs
Jan 4, 2021 – The 8K Association has published an updated performance specification for the 8K Association Certified mark program. The program now recognizes a broader set of video decoding standards for 8K content.
News categories: Samsung, 8K Association, Dan Schinasi, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaKind launches Mediaroom Play UX for Android TV STBs
Dec 16, 2020 – MediaKind has announced the launch of Mediaroom Play, a software client for STBs powered by Android TV. The pre-integrated solution is built on CommScope’s VIP7802 box, and includes support for multiple streaming apps.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
TheViewPoint enhances monetization and reporting for VlogBox
Nov 4, 2020 – TheViewPoint has announced a partnership with VlogBox that sees TheViewPoint bringing in its ad tech solutions to power up VlogBox's monetization capabilities, while providing analytics and pricing control over CTV inventory.
News categories: VlogBox, TheViewPoint, Nick Platonenko, Daniel Elad, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Ampersand rolls out self-serve option on its ad inventory platform
Oct 6, 2020 – Ampersand has announced a limited Beta release of self-serve functionality on The AND Platform, its multiscreen TV planning, buying and measurement platform. The platform provides access to ad inventory on both linear and streaming TV.
News categories: Ampersand, RPA, Nicolle Pangis, Jim Helberg, Jenifer Peischel, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering