Digital TV News: Entropic Communications
Experience the RVU Remote User Interface Client-Server Solution Throughout IBC2012
Sep 6, 2012 – The RVU Alliance has announced several demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface (RUI) solution at the International Broadcasting Convention being held Sept. 7-11 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Entropic demonstrates HTML5 streaming at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 6, 2012 – At CableLabs Summer Conference 2012, Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) demonstrated the ability to run HTML5 consumer applications from an Entropic-based set-top box over an Entropic-powered MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) home network.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Entropic Enables Unitron Multi-Switch to Simplify European Satellite Market Installations
Jun 6, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by Unitron Group for its Johansson single cable multi-switch, the 9742.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Unitron Group, Europe, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Powers Comcast Reference Design Kit for Xfinity IP-Client Devices
May 21, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its silicon and software will be integrated with the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Reference Design Kit (RDK) to provide device manufacturers an opportunity to quickly develop and bring-to-market IP-Client STBs.
News categories: Entropic, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Technicolor, Entropic Power Comcast Xfinity HD Video Calling Experience
May 21, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris:TCH) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity HD video calling service uses a custom-developed adapter from Technicolor powered by a broadcast system-on-a-chip from Entropic.
News categories: Technicolor, Entropic, Comcast, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Social TV, USA
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Selected to Acquire Trident Set-Top Box Business
Feb 27, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire Trident Microsystems' set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) assets for a purchase price of $65 million.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications recognized as market share leader in wired home networking ICs
Feb 13, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it was ranked the 2011 market share leader in the 'No New Wire Integrated Circuit (IC) Vendors' category in IMS Research's 'Home Networks and Residential Gateways 2012' report.
News categories: Entropic Communications, IMS Research, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers