Digital TV News: Entropic Communications
Entropic Powers Pace HR34 Home Media Center HD-DVR for DIRECTV
Jan 11, 2012 – Entropic (NASDAQ:ENTR) has announced its silicon and software based on the MoCA® standard has been deployed by Pace (LSE:PIC) in its HR34 Home Media Center HD-DVR for DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV).
News categories: Entropic Communications, Pace plc, DIRECTV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Actiontec and Entropic Communications Launch First Multi-Band MoCA Adapter
Jan 10, 2012 – Actiontec and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a Multi-band MoCA Network Adapter that supports all three pay TV segments in the same device. The adapter leverages MoCA technology to deliver pay TV services to every corner of the home.
News categories: Actiontec, Entropic Communications, Cable TV, CES2021, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Entropic Communications Files Intent to Purchase Trident Microsystems' Set-Top Box Business Unit
Jan 4, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has filed an asset purchase agreement as 'stalking horse' bidder to purchase certain assets of Trident Microsystems' (Nasdaq:TRID) set-top box (STB) system on a chip (SoC) business.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Trident Micro, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident Microsystems Files for Chapter 11 Protection
Jan 4, 2012 – Trident Microsystems has announced that the company and its Cayman subsidiary, Trident Microsystems (Far East) Ltd. have filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Increases Performance and Efficiency With Newest Channel Stacking Switch Silicon
Dec 19, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq: ENTR) has announced its third generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) silicon, the EN5288. Used in single cable satellite installations, the new silicon is cost optimized for four tuner applications.
News categories: Entropic Communications, CES2021, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
Vestel Deploys Entropic Communications' Multi-Mode Hybrid Silicon Tuner
Nov 21, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its EN4020 multi-mode hybrid RF CMOS silicon tuner has been selected by Vestel. Vestel will incorporate the tuner into a variety of DVB-T and DVB-T2 set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Entropic Communications, Vestel, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Norway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK
Entropic Communications, Zenverge to Enable TV and Movies on Any Screen
Sep 26, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Zenverge have announced a strategic partnership to co-develop solutions and align product roadmaps for the delivery of content with powerful transcoding technology over a MoCA® 2.0 home network.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Zenverge, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Entropic Communications, Technetix Deliver MoCA to the European Market
Sep 9, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that Technetix will bring the first ever push-on Ethernet-to-Coax Network Adapter (TECB-D01), powered by Entropic's MoCA®-based silicon, to the European market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Technetix, Europe, IBCShowcase, Smart Home
RVU Alliance Demonstrates First RVU Certified Products
Sep 7, 2011 – The RVU Alliance has announced that Alliance members Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV), Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR), JetHead Development and Pace (LSE: PIC) will demonstrate their latest RVU based solutions at IBC.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers