Digital TV News: Eros Now
NetRange extends reach of Vidio OTT service in Indonesia
Jun 27, 2023 – NetRange has announced a partnership with Vidio to extend the reach of Vidio's video-on-demand service in Indonesia through inclusion in the NetRange Smart TV App Store ecosystem.
News categories: NetRange, Vidio, Michi Uemetsu, Hadikusuma Wahab, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Smart TV, Streaming
Multiplay service revenue in India to grow at 4.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 22, 2023 – Multiplay service revenue in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2022 and 2027 in line with the rising adoption of service bundles, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Airtel Xstream achieves 2 million paid subscriber milestone
Jun 13, 2022 – Airtel has announced that its video streaming service – Airtel Xstream - has reached the 2 million paid subscriber milestone. Airtel Xstream offers India’s largest bouquet of OTT platforms to consumers across mobile and large screen formats.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Subscribers
Airtel aggregates 15 Indian and global OTT services in one app
Feb 10, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel Xstream Premium, a video streaming service that aggregates content from 15 Indian and global video OTTs in one app with a single subscription, single sign-in, unified content search and AI driven personalized curation for each user.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Manish Aggarwal, Soumya Mukherjee, Ali Hussein, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
Oct 19, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel IQ Video, a Video Platform as a Service offering. Airtel IQ Video allows businesses to build video streaming products with minimal investment in infrastructure and technology.
News categories: Airtel, CG Group, Eros Now, Adarsh Nair, Niravana Chaudhary, Ali Hussein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Nepal, Streaming
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
Jul 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its Think360 cloud-based personalized content discovery and viewer engagement platform is now live on Tata Sky's Binge Fire TV Stick service and Binge mobile app.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Tata Sky, Peter Docherty, Pallavi Puri, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
Dec 3, 2020 – itel has selected the NetRange VISNOS Smart TV app portal for its new Smart TV range. NetRange VISNOS moves app functionality to the cloud enabling an advanced Smart TV experience on low end/low CPU-powered TVs.
News categories: NetRange, itel, Tim Schröder, Frank Gao, Africa, Apps, India, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Vietnam
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set