Digital TV News: Etisalat
SoftAtHome provides software for Mobistar unbundled cable
Apr 25, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced the delivery of its latest software release, enabling the launch of Mobistar’s new TV offering over unbundled cable in Belgium. The service makes Mobistar one of the first true Cable Virtual Network Operators in the world.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Mobistar, Michel Degland, Jean-Marc Harion, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Video Exchange
Etisalat to launch MEA's first 4K Ultra HD TV service with Huawei
Dec 29, 2015 – Huawei has announced that it has partnered with Etisalat to introduce the first 4K Ultra HD TV service in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), which will be available to Etisalat’s eLife customers in the UAE starting first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Huawei, Etisalat, Peng Xiongji, Rashed Al Abbar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
TV-Everywhere in Middle East to accelerate on the back of Pay TV services
Mar 10, 2014 – According to Frost & Sullivan, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will be linked through 545 Million consumer connected devices by 2020, impacting business models and personal lives in a way that is unforeseeable today.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Vidya S. Nath, CABSAT, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming, TV Everywhere
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Kaonmedia Partners With Verimatrix for Etisalat's OTT Services in the UAE
Mar 21, 2012 – Kaonmedia (KOSDAQ: 078890) and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that has enabled the delivery of a next-generation, high quality over-the-top (OTT) TV experience for the Etisalat OnWeb service, which is part of eLife.
News categories: Kaonmedia, Verimatrix, Etisalat, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UAE, Video Exchange
Etisalat and LG enter alliance, with Etisalat eLife services to feature on LG Smart TVs
Jun 14, 2011 – Etisalat and LG have entered a partnership that will see Etisalat's broadband services and content delivered through LG's new range of Smart TVs.
News categories: Etisalat, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
SoftAtHome Chooses Bluestreak Technology to Help Television Operators Deploy Digital Home Services
Mar 21, 2011 – Bluestreak Technology has announced that its MachBlue™ Classic Flash®-based platform was selected by SoftAtHome. The first company to deploy the joint solution is Etisalat, the Middle East's leading and largest telecoms group.
News categories: Bluestreak, SoftAtHome, Etisalat, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, UAE, Video Exchange
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform