Digital TV News: Euronews
SPB TV 3.0: New Mobile TV App Store for Broadcasters Launched
Feb 15, 2011 – SPB Software has announced SPB TV 3.0, an app store-like publishing platform designed especially for TV channels, offering broadcasters and content owners the opportunity to distribute content to mobile devices worldwide.
News categories: SPB Software, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC22
2010 a milestone year for DTT in Europe
Oct 11, 2010 – Recent data from the MAVISE TV database, developed for the DG Communication of the European Commission by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows the current status of the European television market.
News categories: MAVISE, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
Antenna Hungária launches MinDig TV Extra pay DTT
May 18, 2010 – Antenna Hungária has launched a pay-tv service, branded as MinDig TV Extra, on its digital terrestrial television (DVB-T) platform as of May 25, 2010. The new service offers an additional ten popular thematic channels.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Hungary, Terrestrial
Solaris Mobile Ready to Launch at the Mobile World Congress
Feb 10, 2009 – At the Mobile World Congress, Solaris Mobile and its partners will provide mobile TV solutions based on DVB-SH by moving vehicles on two different demonstration platforms and on its Booth AV05a to next generation handsets and multimedia players.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Europe, In-Car, Mobile, MWC22
MTG Launches Viasat Ukraine Satellite Pay-TV Platform
Apr 16, 2008 – Modern Times Group MTG AB (MTG) has announced that the Viasat Ukraine DTH satellite platform will be launched on Monday 21 April.
News categories: MTG, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Alcatel-Lucent and Vodafone Portugal demonstrate live broadcast Mobile TV based on DVB-SH for the first time in Portugal
Nov 2, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and Vodafone Portugal demonstrated, on October 31 for the first time in Portugal, the Unlimited Mobile TV solution based on DVB-SH technology.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone Portugal, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Satellite
Malta - GO invests 2.3 million Euros in new TV infrastructure
Oct 17, 2007 – GO has just completed a major upgrade project for its digital terrestrial television (DTTV) network with the result that coverage has been extended to cover 95% of households in Malta and Gozo and the quality of transmission has been improved.
News categories: GO p.l.c., Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malta, Terrestrial, TV Services
TV on the go and at home - Nokia Siemens Networks presents Mobile TV and IPTV at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam
Sep 7, 2007 – Starting September 7, 2007, Nokia Siemens Networks will present the future of television at IBC in Amsterdam and provide a live DVB-H broadcast signal on channel 23 with full coverage of the exhibition area.
News categories: IBC2022, IPTV, Mobile
Czech Republic - TV in your pocket proves popular with viewers
Feb 6, 2007 – T-Mobile Czech Republic has published the results of the commercial testing of its DVB-H based 'TV in your pocket'. The testing, aimed at determining the potential of the service, took place in the Prague area from 23 October to 5 December 2006.
News categories: T-Mobile Czech Republic, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Mobile
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle