Digital TV News: European Audiovisual Observatory
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
Number of TV channels in Europe still growing
Apr 5, 2016 – The total number of TV channels established in the EU grew by 49% from 3615 TV channels in 2009 to 5370 in 2015, according to data from the European Audiovisual Observatory's TV and VOD database.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Number of pay TV operators in Europe falls 5.8% in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published the second volume of the 2013 edition of its Yearbook. In 2013, the pay-TV sector had 7,898 operators in 37 countries - a significant reduction in their number compared with 2009 (8,381, or -5.8%).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, André Lange, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes study on Digital Switchover in Europe
Feb 18, 2013 – In the run-up to total digital switch-over the European Audiovisual Observatory has published a new report giving an overview of the status quo in European broadcasting.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
High Definition Sport tops the league in European television
Oct 9, 2012 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has announced European television market figures. HD channel growth continues to explode with a total of 941 in October. Sports, film, and those of the main generalist broadcasters are the most dominant channels in HD.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, EU, Europe, Market Research
High Definition channels in Europe on the up
Mar 29, 2012 – Recent data from the MAVISE TV database, developed by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows the current status of the European television market. MAVISE contains data on the EU markets plus the candidates Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey.
News categories: MAVISE, European Audiovisual Observatory, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow