Digital TV News: European Broadcasting Union
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Protecting TV services from harmful interference from mobile telecoms terminals
Sep 9, 2011 – DigiTAG, the EBU, BNE and ACT have jointly issued a further set of formal recommendations aimed at ensuring the adoption of technical safeguards to protect from harmful interference television services delivered by digital terrestrial.
News categories: DigiTAG, European Broadcasting Union, Broadcast Networks Europe, Association of Commercial Television in Europe, IBCShowcase, Mobile, Terrestrial
European Broadcasting Union to present tech advances made by public service broadcasters, at IBC
Aug 31, 2011 – At IBC, the European Broadcasting Union will demonstrate live end-to-end 1080p/50 transmissions between Frankfurt, Geneva and Amsterdam, and provide comparisons, in the 1080p HDTV format, between H.264 and VP8 for web-based video encoding.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, IBCShowcase
EBU publishes DVB-T2 planning guidance
May 18, 2011 – The EBU has published a report on network and frequency planning for DVB-T2 terrestrial television services. It is complementary information to the ETSI system specification and implementation guideline and the corresponding DVB Blue Books.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
EBU publishes Principles for Internet-Connected and Hybrid Television
Apr 15, 2011 – The EBU has adopted its 'Principles for Internet-Connected and Hybrid Television' which, if applied, it believes could deliver lower costs, greater choice and a better viewing experience for consumers.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Europe, Middleware, OTT
P2P-Next Project presents world's first video end-to-end streaming distribution
Sep 11, 2008 – P2P-Next, a pan-European conglomerate of 21 partners, has released its first version of NextShare, an Open Source P2P video delivery platform, at IBC 2008. NextShareTV is a set-top box implementation running on low-cost embedded hardware.
News categories: P2P-Next, Broadband, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
European research project to shape next generation internet TV
Feb 19, 2008 – P2P-Next has received a €14 million grant from the European Union to carry out a research project aiming to identify the potential uses of peer-to-peer (P2P) technology for Internet Television of the future.
News categories: P2P-Next, Austria, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, Finland, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, UK
TVNZ To Go HDTV For Beijing Olympics
Sep 28, 2007 – TVNZ will introduce High Definition TV on the Freeview Digital Terrestrial platform (DTT), which is timed to go live during the first half of next year.
News categories: TVNZ, Freeview NZ, ATSC 3, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India