Digital TV News: Expway
Expway eMBMS Solution Allows Mobile Operators to off-Load Mobile Traffic by 20%
Feb 22, 2013 – Expway has announced the launch of the 5th generation of its Mobile Broadcast software, the eMBMS solution, at the Mobile World Congress 2013. The solution enables Mobile Operators to broadcast any content, live or on-demand, over their LTE network.
News categories: Expway, 5G, Content Distribution, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20
Mobile500 Alliance Launches Mobile Digital TV in Seattle and Minneapolis
Jan 3, 2013 – The Mobile500 Alliance with Fisher Communications (NASDAQ: FSCI) and Hubbard Broadcasting has announced the soft consumer launch of its mobile digital television service, called MyDTV, in the Seattle and Minneapolis markets.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Fisher Communications, Hubbard Broadcasting, Apps, CES2020, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Japanese 'NOTTV' Mobile TV Powered by Expway Mobile Broadcast Middleware and NTT Data MSE Embedded Development Services
Apr 17, 2012 – NTT DATA MSE and Expway have announced that their solution powers the NOTTV mobile TV service in Japan. The solution is being integrated in tens of Android mobile devices this year and is expected to be in 50 million devices over the next 5 years.
News categories: Expway, NTT DATA MSE, NOTTV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow
Mobile500 Alliance to Demonstrate Second Generation Mobile DTV Application at NAB Show
Apr 10, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has announced that it will demonstrate its second generation Mobile Digital Television application at the 2012 NAB Show. Enhancements include social media integration, closed captioning, interstitials and interactive banners.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Advertising, Apps, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Demonstrates End-to-End Solution for Monetizing Mobile DTV at CES®
Jan 9, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has unveiled an end-to-end solution that will enable its member broadcasters to build new revenue streams through Mobile DTV. The solution is to be made available to member companies after beta launch and evaluation in Seattle.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, CES2020, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
EXPWAY and Siano team up to support ATSC-M/H and ISDB-Tmm mobile devices
Dec 15, 2011 – EXPWAY and Siano have announced their partnership to deliver top-quality mobile devices. Pairing Siano's mobile ATSC silicon with EXPWAY's middleware enables manufacturers to build their devices faster and to focus on brand-related issues.
News categories: EXPWAY, Siano, CES2020, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Broadcast Multimedia Mobile project receives French government funding
Dec 14, 2011 – The French government has confirmed a grant to a consortium of 8 partners led by TDF, to fund part (30%) of the development of their B2M (Broadcast Multimedia Mobile) project.
News categories: TDF, France, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020