Digital TV News: FASTWAY
India adds 320,000 DTH subscribers in 2Q 2020
Nov 9, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 70.58 million at 30th June 2020. At the same time there were 12 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
ATEME powers FASTWAY's OTT/IPTV platform in India
Oct 8, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FASTWAY has installed ATEME’s TITAN Live as part of its OTT and IPTV platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is used to encode and transcode channel video headends and deliver a OTT and IPTV content to FASTWAY’s customers.
News categories: ATEME, FASTWAY, Rémi Beaudouin, Prem Ohja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, IPTV, OTT
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Fastway's Netplus to deploy Nokia GPON technology in India
May 27, 2019 – Netplus will roll out Nokia's GPON technology across India with initial deployments starting in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The upgraded network will allow Netplus subscribers to enjoy ultra-broadband IPTV and quad-play services.
News categories: Nokia, Fastway, Vinish Bawa, Prem Ojha, Fibre, India
Fastway chooses STMicroelectronics SoC for HD USB DVR
Aug 21, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipsets have been selected by Fastway, a leading Indian Cable MSO, for their HD interactive USB DVR1 platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Fastway, Gurdeep Singh, Peeush Mahajan, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Gurdeep Singh, Are Mathisen, Huang Wei, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
Jun 20, 2013 – In the rapidly growing pay-TV industry in India, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has established itself as the leading provider of enhanced TV viewing experiences to more than 30 million Indian homes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Fastway Ushers In Cable Digitization with Cisco Set-Top Boxes
Feb 13, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has been chosen by Fastway to usher in cable digitization across its customer base in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Fastway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs