Digital TV News: FASTWEB
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Worldwide IPTV Market to Reach US$78.9 Billion in Service Revenues by 2015
Feb 8, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on IPTV. The Global iPTV market is projected to amass a worldwide subscriber base of 343.2 million by the year 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
Swisscom TV adds 44k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 18, 2010 – Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) has released its Annual Report for 2009. The number of Swisscom TV customers almost doubled in the space of a year to end 2009 at 230,000.
News categories: Swisscom, Fastweb, IPTV, Italy, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Switzerland
Open IPTV Forum moves one step ahead and proves interoperability
Nov 23, 2009 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has announced that its first Interoperability Event was successful. The event took place from Nov 16th - 20th in the premises of the event host, Fraunhofer FOKUS in Berlin, Germany.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Motorola to Enhance On Demand Portfolio with BitBand Acquisition
Nov 16, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire BitBand. The acquisition is expected to close in Q4 2009. BitBand will be integrated into Motorola's Home & Networks Mobility business.
News categories: Motorola, BitBand, Content Distribution, IPTV, MandA
Swisscom - Stable core business with strong increase in customers
Mar 4, 2009 – Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) closed the 2008 financial year with net revenue up 10.0% to CHF 12,198 million and operating income (EBITDA) up 6.4% to CHF 4,789 million. By the end of 2008 Bluewin TV had doubled its customer base year-on-year to 118,000.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Italy, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
FASTWEB Full Year 2008 Results
Feb 26, 2009 – The Board of Directors of FASTWEB (Milan: FWB) has approved the draft financial statement for the year ending 31 December 2008. The IPTV service recorded a positive trend, with subscribers increasing by 13% in the year.
News categories: FASTWEB, IPTV, Italy, Results
Fastweb, Telecom Italia and Wind found the IPTV Association
Jan 23, 2009 – Fastweb (Milan:FWB), Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT, NYSE:TI) and Wind have founded the Associazione Italiana degli operatori IPTV (Italian Association of IPTV Providers) in order to foster the use of IPTV in Italy.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Fastweb, Wind, Associazione Italiana degli operatori IPTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026