Digital TV News: FRANCE 24
MaxTV IPTV passes the 70,000 subscriber mark in Macedonia
Feb 14, 2013 – With its unique MaxTV service, Makedonski Telekom achieved excellent market results. Makedonski Telekom has announced that it now has more than 70,000 MaxTV customers. Launched four years ago, MaxTV is now the pay TV market leader in Macedonia.
News categories: Makedonski Telekom, IPTV, Macedonia, Subscribers
StarTimes launches DVB-T2 across Africa
Dec 18, 2012 – StarTimes has announced the launch of DVB-T2 technology in several African countries including Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique and Tanzania. In Nigeria, StarTimes is collaborating with the Nigerian Television Network (NTA) to provide DTT services.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
OTE TV Via Satellite launches in Greece
Oct 17, 2011 – OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) of Greece has announced its 'OTE TV Via Satellite' service and is integrating all of its pay TV services under one brand name, OTE TV. OTE's IPTV service 'Conn-x TV' has become 'OTE TV via Conn-x'.
News categories: OTE TV, OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
SPB TV 3.0: New Mobile TV App Store for Broadcasters Launched
Feb 15, 2011 – SPB Software has announced SPB TV 3.0, an app store-like publishing platform designed especially for TV channels, offering broadcasters and content owners the opportunity to distribute content to mobile devices worldwide.
News categories: SPB Software, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Microsoft and Partners Help Media Companies Innovate in a Digital World
Sep 10, 2009 – At IBC, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will reveal partner solutions for the media and entertainment industry built on Microsoft technology. Also, Mediaroom has become the most deployed IPTV software platform with nearly 4 million subscriber households.
News categories: Microsoft, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT
MTG Launches Viasat Ukraine Satellite Pay-TV Platform
Apr 16, 2008 – Modern Times Group MTG AB (MTG) has announced that the Viasat Ukraine DTH satellite platform will be launched on Monday 21 April.
News categories: MTG, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic