Digital TV News: Fabric
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
Mar 1, 2021 – VeriSilicon (688521.SH) has announced that its VC9000 and VIP9400 in combination now offer AI Video processing, real-time AI video content analysis, scene-based video encoding, and AI pixel enhancements.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Wei-Jin Dai, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
Jul 28, 2020 – OpenAP has announced a partnership with iSpot to enable activation of attribution and OTT measurement for ad campaigns in the OpenAP Market. OpenAP members include AMC Networks, FOX, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, Univision and The Weather Channel.
News categories: OpenAP, iSpot, Ed Davis, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Cadent acquires 4INFO
Jan 2, 2020 – Cadent has announced the acquisition of 4INFO to expand its cross-screen solutions for U.S. national advertisers. 4INFO's data activation platform incorporates patented audience graph technology that resolves multiple TV devices back to a household.
News categories: Cadent, 4INFO, Nick Troiano, Tom Cox, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Demand growth for Flat Panel Displays expected to ease through 2021
Nov 30, 2018 – After hitting 7.3% growth in 2018, global demand for flat panel displays (FPDs) in terms of area is forecast to expand 6.4% to 228 million square meters in 2019. It is the first slowdown in year-on-year growth in four years, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Flat Panel Display equipment spending expected to decline through 2020
Nov 19, 2018 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), the flat panel display equipment market is expected to start to decline after an unprecedented build-up in 2017 as panel makers take a more cautious approach as they wait for demand to catch up to rapidly ramping capacity.
News categories: IHS Markit, Chase Li, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Lebanon's CableVision to launch IPTV with Meatel, Alpha Networks, Amino, Broadpeak and Viaccess
Sep 16, 2018 – Lebanon's CableVision is soon to launch an IP-based entertainment service that has been integrated by Meatel and enabled by a service delivery platform from Alpha Networks, Amino client devices, Broadpeak’s CDN and Viaccess’ security suite and media player.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess, Alpha Networks, Amino, Cablevision, Fabrice Bellanger, Arnaud Alvarez, Pascal Birot, Bart Vanderostyne, Bassam Jaber, Samer Elia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Lebanon, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
EE TV first UK STB with Amazon Alexa integration
Aug 17, 2017 – EE TV has become one of the first set top boxes world-wide to offer a skill for Amazon Alexa. EE TV will support Alexa voice control through Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, meaning customers can just ask for information on what's on, or to record their favourite shows.
News categories: EE, Amazon, Max Taylor, Fabrice Rousseau, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, UX
YouView developing voice controlled TV with Amazon
Jun 8, 2017 – YouView has announced plans for a pilot to enable a voice controlled TV experience for YouView viewers using Amazon Alexa. YouView are one of the first developers worldwide to work with the new Alexa Video Skill API.
News categories: YouView, Amazon, TalkTalk, Fani Sazaklidou, Fabrice Rousseau, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, UX
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023